Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#61 Nobel Metal

Nobel Metal

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

Friends, what is the best web link for me to download the Rotherham Bible for say making documents, copy past of sentences?

And, what is the best link for MP3 audio of this same Bible, is there one?, and Thank you, very very much...

#62 Nobel Metal

Nobel Metal

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

PS, Thanks to Twoguns, I have the module for this installed in my e-sword already...

#63 rodblack22

rodblack22

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hi! I have downloaded the 19th century writer George Bush's commentaries on the books of the Pentateuch. Bush is recommended by Spurgeon, although he says Bush plagiarized other authors. As those authors are now not in print, Bush has at least done us the favor of preserving those writers for us. Can you use pdf's downloaded from Google books?
Rod

#64 rodblack22

rodblack22

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

Are the old International Critical Commentaries under copyright? Google has them for download as well and they are still valuable.
Rod

#65 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Are the old International Critical Commentaries under copyright? Google has them for download as well and they are still valuable.
Rod

I've never seen Google or Archive.org wrong in their determination of a book's public domain status. If it's available for download, it's in the public domain in every instance I've seen. I did see some magazines once that weren't and it was noted they were not in the public domain but were made available by permission.

Can you use pdf's downloaded from Google books?

Yep, we we sure can. As long as it's public domain material, and again, I've never noticed Google being wrong on the public domain status of a book.

An absolute way to tell is if the books were copyrighted before 1923. If less than 1923, no copyright. If 1923 or greater, then possible copyright depending on whether it was renewed properly.

#66 gmanv

gmanv

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

I'd love to have english translations of hebrew and aramaic NTs - but they're not easy to find!

#67 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'd love to have English translations of Hebrew and Aramaic NTs - but they're not easy to find!

With one exception, any translation of the Hebrew NT into English will be a translation of either Greek or Aramaic texts into Hebrew, and then into English. The exception is a translation of the Book of Matthew. The authenticity of the Hebrew text has been questioned.

There are around half a dozen translations of the Aramaic into English, available in e-Sword format.

jonathon

#68 Nobel Metal

Nobel Metal

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Dear Rodblack22, forgive me for the question here, please is there any link in the world that I can download the Rotherham Bible onto my desktop so I can do easy copy paste when I am writing documents?, and has it been done by anyone as yet in an audio MP3?, and Thank you...

#69 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

I've never seen Google or Archive.org wrong in their determination of a book's public domain status.

Both of those organizations have had occasional errors. Usually it is due to a faulty copyright notice in the hardcopy, and if US Copyright Law was consistent, the works would be in the public domain.

If it's available for download, it's in the public domain in every instance I've seen.

Something Google has started doing, is treating facsimile reprints as if the original was under copyright. If there is something in Google Books I want to read, I download it, without adding it to my library.

I wouldn't be surprised if Google starts putting more of its PD content behind a paywall.

jonathon

#70 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Nobel Metal,
I don't know if this is what you're looking for .....check it out......let me know if it's what you wanted .
http://biblephone.in...ndex.php/en/22/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users