Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#521 solmnjms1

solmnjms1

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:23 PM

"KJV Cambridge Paragraph Bible":

https://ebible.org/f...engkjvcpb&all=1

[Sword, USFX, BibleWorks, and various other formats]

I've used Simple Bible Reader 3.0 to convert it (Sword format) to theWord's format; which worked fine, except that there are then no more italics and forget the paragraphing.

The same process to .bblx resulted in zero italics again, and even added an extra space on either side of the supposed to be italicized word.

The author told me to simply use a Sword project program... yet after using e-Sword and theWord, I can't ever go back!

EDIT: Even though e-Sword's paragraph formatting is not present (I might be wrong on this?), this edition of the KJV would be very much useful and informative regarding KJV history as well as those who strive for KJV Text accuracy.

Examples

The addition of more italicized word changes by Scrivener:

Romans 8:1 [KJV] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:1 [CPB] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Also, some >ahem< interesting outright changes to the KJV Text itself by Scrivener, such as the infamous Hebrews verse:

Hebrews 10:23 [KJV] Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Hebrews 10:23 [CPB] Let us hold fast the profession of our hope without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Edited by solmnjms1, 28 September 2021 - 07:37 PM.

#522 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:18 PM

EDIT: Even though e-Sword's paragraph formatting is not present (I might be wrong on this?)...

On this bit, yup, you are sort of wrong. The Wuest's Expanded Translation of the New Testament for e-Sword is in paragraph format. So, for what you are wishing for can be done.

Trust that this has brightened up your day heaps more than it was a moment ago. :D Gotta love it!

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 29 September 2021 - 08:21 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#523 solmnjms1

solmnjms1

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the paragraphing info APsit190.

I should link to this message board thread here:

http://www.biblesupp...ts-here/page-51

As Katoog has posted (http://www.biblesupp...&attach_id=2682) a fully functional (italics are intact and paragraph markers exist, yet it is without the Apocrypha) edition of the KJV Cambridge Paragraph Bible.

#524 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:25 PM

It is still a beta: one of the problems is the lack of LORD (ALL CAPS) because the PDF used LORD in "Small Caps" format and it is lost to "Lord" in conversion,

Another problem is "Rom 1:1  The end of the Acts of the Apostles." that should be at the end of Acts as a commentary but it  is not marked in italics in the PDF.

The most problems are probably in the Book Psalms: the "titles (first verse) that are not separated with a line-break and the names of the Hebrew letters in Psalms 119.

The ¶ on the end of the Pauline Epistles as subscription should be replaced by ¶

I hope that the italics and paragraph markers are correct.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#525 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:25 PM

The paragraph markers cannot be certain to be the same as the KJV Cambridge Paragraph Bible, because the ones I used were from theWord's KJV module. As for the italics. That depended how accurately the data was input in the files on the website mentioned. The only sure way would be to compare with the printed copy, (even though that is probably not without errors).

We end up with a modern-day digital manuscript muddle.

#526 johnnymac221

johnnymac221

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 03:29 PM

Can someone replicate the TVM for strongs and KJV and make it available for Mac?

#527 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

Can someone replicate the TVM for strongs and KJV and make it available for Mac?

Are you asking for the KJV+TVM bible module or the Strongs Dictionary with TVM module?

#528 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 December 2021 - 07:19 AM

I've said this before quite sometime ago, and I think its about time for me to say it again.

You Apple owners who want resources for your devices want us Windows users to do all your work for you. What is it with you blokes not developing your own tools to convert stuff for yourselves?

I am absolutely certain that some of you Apple Mac users can do programming, so I strongly suggest you pull finger and get A into G and develop a converter for yourselves so that you can get the resources you want.

X (formerly Twitter)

#529 jhhref33

jhhref33

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 02:45 PM

I would like to have a Greek Majority Text NT keyed to Strongs. Does anyone know if one is available?

#530 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 May 2022 - 01:28 PM

MLV with Strong's Numbers = 
http:// www.biblesupport.com/topic/6593-bibles-modern-literal-version-2019-plus-greek/
http:// www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/10090-modern-literal-version-2019-plus-greek/

I would like to have a Greek Majority Text NT keyed to Strongs. Does anyone know if one is available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users