Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#511 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:43 PM

I just did a search for this resource, and can say that its not here.

That said, click here where you can download the 8 volumes in PDF format.

Trust you find this information helpful, and if so click on the Like This button. This will let me know that the information has proved its weight in gold.

Blessings,

Yes, all of the volumes are on that site. Unfortunately, only three of the volumes are fully digital text. The remaining nine are page scans. Those three digitized volumes would be fairly easy to convert to e-Sword format; the other nine, not so much, but certainly not impossible. Maybe, if I'm feeling particularly ambitious (or somebody else is), the whole thing could be made into an e-Sword module, which I would really like to see. Either that, or somebody else is already working on it. Who knows?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Edited by modulist, 17 June 2021 - 10:00 PM.

#512 Yahwins

Yahwins

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:46 AM

I'm not sure if they exist, But I would like to see dictionaries linked to the NASB +Strong's and the Apostolic Bible Polyglot + Strong's bibles.

They both have some Strong numbers with added letters (i.e. NASB+ H6213a In Jos_6:3) or decimal points (i.e. APB+ G2768.4 in Jos_6:4)

Also, might there be an English interlinear for 

LXX+. - Septuagint LXX Greek Old Testament keyed to Strong Numbers with parsing info.bblx.exe

Thank you for you time and efforts

Blessings

Edited by Yahwins, 19 June 2021 - 07:59 AM.

#513 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:17 AM

I'm not sure if they exist, But I would like to see dictionaries linked to the NASB +Strong's and the Apostolic Bible Polyglot + Strong's bibles.

They both have some Strong numbers with added letters (i.e. NASB+ H6213a In Jos_6:3) or decimal points (i.e. APB+ G2768.4 in Jos_6:4)

Also, might there be an English interlinear for 

LXX+. - Septuagint LXX Greek Old Testament keyed to Strong Numbers with parsing info.bblx.exe

Thank you for you time and efforts

Blessings

Bibles with Strong's numbers are linked to the Strong's Dictionaries that are already available for e-Sword.  e-Sword has Dictionary window that is separate from the bible window in order to display the information from the dictionary 

A typical Strong's dictionary entry displayed in the Dictionary window looks like this:

H10

אֲבַדֳּה
'ăbaddôh
ab-ad-do'
The same as H9, miswritten for H11; a perishing: - destruction.

Total KJV occurrences: 1

There is a dictionary module for the NASB called New American Exhaustive Concordance for The LXX there is module called LXX Concordance 

You can download the LXX Concordance from here on bible support:

http://www.biblesupp...xx-concordance/

The New American Exhaustive Concordance is part of the NASB package that must be purchased through e-Sword itself 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 19 June 2021 - 11:18 AM.

#514 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 19 June 2021 - 05:39 PM

The New American Exhaustive Concordance is part of the NASB package that must be purchased through e-Sword itself

Hi Tj,

Just to be certain, when you said that, I went "errr!" and had to really check this out because I've never seen the Exhaustive Concordance part of it in my copy of the NASB study set, is I had to check this bit out just in case something had added into the study set. But I was dismayed. Nothing like that had happened. There is no actual Exhaustive Concordance thingy included. So as you can guess, I said out loud, "Bummer!" And, "Crap!" Really totally disappointed. Felt really let down. And even said, "Why does all this have to happen to me." And bawled my eyes out (just kidding).

Anyway, as a result of checking this thing out, this is what it actually said about the NASB Exhaustive Concordance bit (see highlighted text in attached screenshot). Now, you can see the reason for my, ummm, disappointment. Just not fair!!!

Have fun and be blessed,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Attached Files

X (formerly Twitter)

#515 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 06:51 PM

Hi Tj,

Just to be certain, when you said that, I went "errr!" and had to really check this out because I've never seen the Exhaustive Concordance part of it in my copy of the NASB study set, is I had to check this bit out just in case something had added into the study set. But I was dismayed. Nothing like that had happened. There is no actual Exhaustive Concordance thingy included. So as you can guess, I said out loud, "Bummer!" And, "Crap!" Really totally disappointed. Felt really let down. And even said, "Why does all this have to happen to me." And bawled my eyes out (just kidding).

Anyway, as a result of checking this thing out, this is what it actually said about the NASB Exhaustive Concordance bit (see highlighted text in attached screenshot). Now, you can see the reason for my, ummm, disappointment. Just not fair!!!

Have fun and be blessed,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Apsit190,

I am not certain but I think the NASB concordance used to available from Lockman I have the module installed on my copy of e-Sword. It has the tab name NASEC which stands for New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance  According to the module information the concordance  was published by Lockman back up until 1998 and it is now published by Zondervan this might explain why it is not included with the NASB study set published by Lockman

Edited by Tj Higgins, 19 June 2021 - 07:06 PM.

#516 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:04 AM

Are there any more dictionaries on the horizon? I'm quite keen on evidentiary type resources.

#517 Dick

Dick

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

New Jerusalem Bible

#518 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:00 AM

The Old Testament Concordance according to Bible Numerics and the New Testament Concordance according to Bible Numerics, based on the life-time-research of Ivan Panin, would be extremely interesting, especially if it is provided with footnotes or a commentary or encyclopaedia (dictionary) module with the appropriate numerical information, linked to his series of numbers of the words in concordance order.
This would enhance both Strong's (based on the English 1769 edition), and the George V. Wigram Hebrew, and Greek, Concordances, which again provides us with the links to the English words in the KJV (1769) version.
I think the actual Hebrew, and Greek, words, as Ivan Panin determined were appropriate for the OT and NT, should be retained. Then we could compare his findings with the translations by various groups of translators during the previous 2000 years.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 27 August 2021 - 10:00 AM.

#519 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:45 AM

New Jerusalem Bible

You can find that module at the following website:

https://sites.google...e-sword-modules

#520 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 August 2021 - 10:27 AM

New Jerusalem Bible

You can find the New Jerusalem Bible (in both .bbl and .bblx format) here:

https://sites.google...e-sword-modules

Edit: Oops! I see that somebody has already given this information. Oh well, here it is again.

Edited by modulist, 26 August 2021 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users