Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#431 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

http://www.biblesupp...on-ginsburg-nt/

try this one

#432 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

GRAMMAR OF THE GREEK NEW

TESTAMENT IN THE LIGHT OF

HISTORICAL RESEARCH

full grammar in MS word and PDF.   OCR  by Ted Hildebrant & additional corrections by Louis Sorenson

Attached Files

#433 bluelew

bluelew

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:53 AM

Joseph Addison Alexander's commentary on Psalms and Matthew would be fantastic!

Edited by bluelew, 20 January 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#434 AustinH

AustinH

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:08 AM

I'd like the New Living Translation to also be available with the Deuterocanonicals as per Tyndale's printed Catholic Edition.

#435 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

I'd like the New Living Translation to also be available with the Deuterocanonicals as per Tyndale's printed Catholic Edition.

As the NLT bible module for E-Sword is a premium or paid module as it licensed for use in E-Sword, an NLTCE module would like also have be a premium or paid module as well

#436 AustinH

AustinH

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

As the NLT bible module for E-Sword is a premium or paid module as it licensed for use in E-Sword, an NLTCE module would like also have be a premium or paid module as well

I understood that would be the case. I'd be more than happy to pay for it again. Do I make a request to Tyndale? Is it a straightforward matter to produce a e-sword bblx module or is it very time intensive.

#437 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

I understood that would be the case. I'd be more than happy to pay for it again. Do I make a request to Tyndale? Is it a straightforward matter to produce a e-sword bblx module or is it very time intensive.

The licenses for premium modules are worked out between the various publishers and the creator/developer of e-Sword Rick Meyers. He would have to work out the license for the NLTCE Bible module for E-Sword.

Producing an E-Sword module is a pretty straightforward process as there is an easy to use tool for module development called E-Sword ToolTip NT. 

As to the format of the module it most likely be released as a bbli module to work with E-Sword 11 

#438 nickolade122

nickolade122

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

fixed

Edited by nickolade122, 13 February 2018 - 01:33 AM.

#439 John Eastham

John Eastham

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:29 AM

It might be a RAM issue for your computer, but I'm not hardware savvy.

Have you considered dividing it into two files (one for OT and another for NT)?

John H. Eastham

Kampala, Uganda

#440 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Hopefully someone can help me, I've spent the last week copying over the Jehovah's Witnesses New World Translation into a proper format with chapter and verse headings as you get in E-sword, because their version online at jw.org is not a good one to use when doing studies because they have stars (*) and the verses are not in order from all left, just repeated one after the other.

The reason I want the NWT is because we like to use their own Bible against them to refute them when we do our online studies, and I post verses and take notes and its almost impossible to do it simultaneously because they just aren't organized as using E-sword for example, where you get chapter and verse heading before every verse.

I spent over a week copying it all and its finished, I've transferred into a PDF format also with hyperlinks to every book/chapter which is excellent, the only problem is it is 1105 pages and Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat need time to load such a huge file and so it freezes intermittently and such, it is very annoying.

If I can have someone put it into a module for me would be GREAT, or if you can lead me somewhere maybe where I can learn how to do it myself if it isn't too hard?  

Please let me know, again I am NOT a Jehovah's Witness, we only use this to refute them, same as when using the Quran to refute Muslims.

Thanks!!

First you should know a few things about E-Sword, for starters all modules are created using Rich Text Format or RTF for short. E-Sword's module creation program which is called ToolTip NT it can open RTF format files, text files and MS-Word Files but not Adobe PDF files. So your PDF file is not really necessary for module creation. The size of the document 1105 pages is actually pretty common for a bible translation in MS-Word format 

You mention that the document has hyper-links with in it which cannot be included in an E-Sword bible module. The asterisks (*) included in the text of the bible translation online, are there to denote footnotes that are included in this particular bible translation. The online text also includes the use if lower case letters (ex: h ) to denote cross referencing with other bible verses. To do what you want in E-Sword will require the creation of two modules one for just the bible text and then a separate commentary file that will contain all of the footnotes and cross references. Both files will be able to be displayed in E-Sword as E-Sword has separate windows for bibles and commentaries.

Edited by Tj Higgins, 12 February 2018 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users