Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#421 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

I would like "The Interpreters One Volume Commentary" on the Bible" or its updated version "The New Interpreter's Study Bible". I heard it was good. I am having a hard time finding it.

Thank you,

Jim

That seems to be a copyrighted work thus the copyright holder would have to give permission for an e-Sword module to be made available 

#422 gkaye777

gkaye777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

I would love to see a copy of George Bush’s ( not the president) commentary on the book of Genesis

#423 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

I would love to see a copy of George Bush’s ( not the president) commentary on the book of Genesis

That seems to be a copyrighted work thus the copyright holder would have to give permission for an e-Sword module to be made available 

#424 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

You can find this two volume commentary on Genesis by George Bush at archive.org and both volumes are downloadable as pdf files. I know it is not the same as having them as part of Bible software.

#425 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

You can find this two volume commentary on Genesis by George Bush at archive.org and both volumes are downloadable as pdf files. I know it is not the same as having them as part of Bible software.

Can you supply the full URL (web address) to the page where the resource is located please.

If I have the time, I'll try to make the resource available for all platforms of e-Sword.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#426 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

It been done not for e-sword but OLB.  I did the numbers commentary for Gary Gallant.

see review

http://www.biblesupp...f-leviticuszip/

#427 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

Here are the links:

https://archive.org/...calan11bushgoog

https://archive.org/...calan16bushgoog

Let me know if those don’t work.

#428 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

It been done not for e-sword but OLB.

http://www.larryspla...olb/new/new.htm

Michael.

however if someone wants from scratch to do it then go for it.

#429 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

There are a set of books that I would be interested in having, all out of copyright.

Everyone is familiar with "Foxes Book of Martyr's", only about 200-250 pages in length.  Well, that book is condensed from a much larger work:  "The acts and monuments of John Foxe, in 8 vol."  The total length, including massive footnotes, equals about 5-6 thousand pages.  Internet Archive has a good copy, FYI, printed back in 1837.

Everyone is probably familiar with 'The Works of Thomas Goodwin' and how that is laid out, eminently readable and useful.  I think Pastor Foxes efforts would fit well in that format also.  The testimonies he records has copious verbatim dialogues between the accusers and the accused, the Papists and those about to be burned at the stake.  An interesting set of books about the blood of the saints.  There are other good sets concerning the Reformation, when men heeded the call of God to return to Christ.  Thank you for considering this task.  Blessings, lg

#430 Ken Caviness

Ken Caviness

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

Request complete Hebrew Bible (OT & NT) with vowel pointing

I am happy to now include Hebrew as one column of my default parallel multilingual setup for Bible study.  For years one column has been Koine Greek, a LXX + NT file.  Sadly, I have not been able to find something comparable for Hebrew.  What I use now is OT only (with vowels), so when I look up a text in the NT the column is empty, wasted space.  Or I can use a Modern Hebrew OT & NT, but it doesn't have the vowels, which as a beginning Hebrew student I still find absolutely indispensible.  Or I can use 2 columns for separate OT & NT files (with vowels), but in that case either one or the other column is always blank.

Has anyone seen a complete Hebrew Bible (OT & NT) with vowel pointing?  If so, I would appreciate a pointer to it.  I've done several unsuccessful searches and have also wandered through the listed Hebrew collections.  If this doesn't yet exist, perhaps some kind expert would be willing to splice together an accented OT and an accented NT?

Many thanks!  Blessings,

Ken Caviness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users