Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#391 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

hi Maarten,

If you use e-Sword you can use the Editor's section and use Study notes. You can make short notes or references.

Thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#392 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hi Patchworkid,

I often wish for a KJV bible with margin notes in which I can make short notes or references. Something more like doing it on paper.

Many thanks,

Maarten

hi Maarten,

If you use e-Sword you can use the Editor's section and use Study notes. You can make short notes or references.

Thanks

Hi Maarten

Just click here, and you can download a neat little blank Study Note file simply called, Wide Margin (General)Notes.notx.

As I said a moment ago its a blank study not file. That means there is nothing in it, and its there for you (and anyone else) to fill it up with there own notes.

Hopefully this will help you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#393 Lynette Fournier

Lynette Fournier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

I am interested in the The Complete Word Study New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates.  I looked through the modules and haven't been able to find it.

#394 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

I am interested in the The Complete Word Study New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates.  I looked through the modules and haven't been able to find it.

There is a Complete Word Study for the entire Bible available as a dictionary for e-Sword. It's a pay module and available under dictionaries within "download" in the e-Sword program. I have it and it's great.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#395 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

There is a Complete Word Study for the entire Bible available as a dictionary for e-Sword. It's a pay module and available under dictionaries within "download" in the e-Sword program. I have it and it's great.

When it comes to dictionaries/lexingtons, I totally concur that "it's great," and would highly recommend it.

The reason for me liking this dictionary/Lexington is because it does things that other Lexington does that I've come across. The Complete Word Study Dictionary/(Lexington) not only gives a meaning to a Greek word, but it gives the meaning in context to the Scripture that its used in. From a Hermeneutic perspective this dictionary/lexington is one of the best tools for good exegesis.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#396 Lynette Fournier

Lynette Fournier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Thanks.  I didn't realize it was there as I am on very limited funds as a college student and don't usually look at the resources that you need to buy.  However, I am studying Pastoral Ministry so it sounds like a great resource.

#397 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

When it comes to dictionaries/lexingtons, I totally concur that "it's great," and would highly recommend it.

The reason for me liking this dictionary/Lexington is because it does things that other Lexington does that I've come across. The Complete Word Study Dictionary/(Lexington) not only gives a meaning to a Greek word, but it gives the meaning in context to the Scripture that its used in. From a Hermeneutic perspective this dictionary/lexington is one of the best tools for good exegesis.

Blessings,

You mean Lexicon. Lexington is

--noun
1.concord: the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775) .
2.town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought.
3.a city in eastern Kentucky; noted for raising thoroughbred horses.

Lexicon
--noun (singular: lexicon; plural: lexicons)
1.mental lexicon: a language user's knowledge of words.
2.dictionary: a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them.
1603, "a dictionary", from Mod.L., from Greek lexikon (biblion) "word (book)", from neut. of lexikos "pertaining to words", from lexis "word", from legein "say." Used originally of dictionaries of Greek, Syriac, Hebrew and Arabic, since these usually were in Latin and in Mod.L. lexicon, not dictionarius, was the preferred word. The modern sense of "vocabulary proper to some sphere of activity" (1647) is a fig. extension.

Formally, in linguistics, a lexicon is a language's inventory of lexemes. The word "lexicon" derives from the Greek meaning "of or for words".

#398 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

You mean Lexicon. Lexington is

--noun

1.concord: the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775) .
2.town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought.
3.a city in eastern Kentucky; noted for raising thoroughbred horses.

Lexicon
--noun (singular: lexicon; plural: lexicons)

1.mental lexicon: a language user's knowledge of words.
2.dictionary: a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them.

1603, "a dictionary", from Mod.L., from Greek lexikon (biblion) "word (book)", from neut. of lexikos "pertaining to words", from lexis "word", from legein "say." Used originally of dictionaries of Greek, Syriac, Hebrew and Arabic, since these usually were in Latin and in Mod.L. lexicon, not dictionarius, was the preferred word. The modern sense of "vocabulary proper to some sphere of activity" (1647) is a fig. extension.

Formally, in linguistics, a lexicon is a language's inventory of lexemes. The word "lexicon" derives from the Greek meaning "of or for words".

Ta for the correction. I have a thingy for getting confused over the spelling. It looks all the same to me. That's the problem. :unsure:

Ah well, I'll get it right one day. :)

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#399 Lynette Fournier

Lynette Fournier

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

I went to purchase this today and apparently AMG publishers website no longer exists. Does anyone know where else I can get this for esword or will I have to purchase the hardcopy books?

#400 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

I went to purchase this today and apparently AMG publishers website no longer exists. Does anyone know where else I can get this for esword or will I have to purchase the hardcopy books?

Did you read my previous post? The Complete Word Study Dictionary is available within e-Sword under downloads - dictionaries. I just checked to make sure. You don't need a web site. It is a pay module, and all can be done easily within e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users