Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#481 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

Moulton's Modern Readers Bible; New English Bible; Jerusalem Bible; JW's 2013 revision of the NWT; Imperial Bible Dictionary

Unfortunately there are copyright issues with 3 of those bible translations: 

New English Bible

Jerusalem Bible 
2013 NWT 

#482 jimspoerl

jimspoerl

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Yes. I checked it out on the PC. It seems to work fine. Thanks so much. Now how can this be made available for the iOS and the Mac? I checked the Mac converter but it only works with bblx format. Are you able to produce those formats so this will work on the iOS and Mac platforms? That would be great.

#483 dbaxter2015

dbaxter2015

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

I would like to see a Bible module with apocrypha that includes Book(s) of Enoch and Book of Jasher or just an apocrypha bible with these books.

In bblx format not topx format. If there is already one available I cannot locate it.

Thanx,

David

#484 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:31 AM

Yes. I checked it out on the PC. It seems to work fine. Thanks so much. Now how can this be made available for the iOS and the Mac? I checked the Mac converter but it only works with bblx format. Are you able to produce those formats so this will work on the iOS and Mac platforms? That would be great.

The html format that is used for e-Sword Bibles since version 11 has confusingly two possible endings .bblx or .bbli. Official modules that were updated to html still use the .bblx ending even though they are html content. This has and still does lead to confusion. 

The module might need some font information added will check that today and fix if needed. The sign something is wrong with the font is that it will not follow the setting you have for Greek. Instead it will be in the default font.

Here is the module v 1.1 that should follow font settings, for Greek font

Attached File  f35.7z   387.54K   2 downloads

Edited by JPG, 09 March 2019 - 03:00 AM.

#485 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:30 AM

I would like to see a Bible module with apocrypha that includes Book(s) of Enoch and Book of Jasher or just an apocrypha bible with these books.

In bblx format not topx format. If there is already one available I cannot locate it.

Thanx,

David

Unfortunately such a bible module cannot happen as e-Swords programming only allows for the following Apocrypha books:

1 Esdras

2 Esdras

1-4 Macabbees

Tobit

Judith

Prayer of Man

Wisdom

Sirach

Baruch

Additions to Esther

Daniel 13 & 14

This why other Apocrypha books can only be found as Topic or topx modules 

#486 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

As I posted yesterday the program Simple Bible Reader can read and convert Zefania XML files into e-Sword bblx modules from there you can convert the bblx module to bbli using the e-Sword Apple/Mac Converter. 

#487 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

Reading about  all the conversions that Mac users want for resources to work on e-Sword X, and wanting us Windows users to do their work astounds me of their laziness to do anything themselves. And with that, I do not believe that among all the Mac users which use e-Sword X, that there is no one who can't do programming.

What is it with you lot that don't get off your butts and develop a tool (write a program) that is made specifically for your needs, and upload it here for all the other Mac users to use.??? Seriously, why don't you do something about it??? 

X (formerly Twitter)

#488 dhendry

dhendry

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

History of the Apostolic Church by Phillip Schaff - available on Google books, it not as a module

I was studying his History of the Christian Church; this was referenced as preceding and not to be rehashed, so I began to look for it. It is foundational to the other, makes his assumptions and underlying beliefs clear, has his own overview and assessment concerning the vast variety of material & authors, clearly sets forth the approach he chooses and many other things from the standpoint of an unfolding continuous revelation and growth of doctrine based on varying views. A rather overwhelming reference yet immensely valuable to the lay student I think.
Thank you for your consideration.

#489 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

Have you check w. the OLB module to ensure they did not include in the user made "History of the Christian Church"

http://onlinebible.n...ent-material-1/

"A rather overwhelming reference"-- I see only History of the Apostolic Church by Phillip Schaff 1 vol.on Google books.

ps.try CCEL

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/hcc1

e-sword did a module for Schaff and its not.in it???

Edited by anh Mike, 26 March 2019 - 11:59 AM.

#490 Chris@safelink.net

Chris@safelink.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

I would love it if someone would make a module for the Geneva commentaries and Geneva Bible that would work on E-Sward X. I have tried converting the Windows version but it always says the module is locked.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users