Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What Modules do you want for e-Sword

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#351 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

King James 2000, with words of God in red.

http://www.biblesupp...ersion-kjv2000/

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#352 74griff

74griff

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Katook, how do I access the module in the e sworn LT ap for iPhone?

#353 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

The issue with Pentecostal resources is there's precious few Pentecostal Bible scholars, even today. The number of copyrighted commentaries is slim--but the number of public domain commentaries is, well, 0. Of key interest are resources written before 1923 and before 1963. (Everything before 1923 is public domain, some material between 1923 and 1963 is public domain, nothing after 1963 is public domain).

The 1923 number is important since Pentecostal theology was just conceived at the turn of the century. There's nothing in the public domain and even when you're willing to pay, I can only think of several Pentecostal commentaries. And even then, you might be sorely disappointed with what you find, since there's Oneness Pentecostals, Trinity Pentecostals, and various splits within that movement that see differently on the Holiness doctrine (how women are permitted to look and dress, jewelry, whether men can wear shorts), whether speaking in tongues is required for salvation, etc.

Josh

I'm reading through this thread just to get informed and came across this. I am a neo-pentecostal and I know that there are theological books that are available but most as you said are not in the public domain. There are volumes that are freely given but requires by whom....I have several that I know about and I am willing to inquire about getting permissions to make them into E-Sword Modules if that is something you'd be interested in doing. I have yet to learn how to make modules...and I have had a lot of suggestions about reading this or that, downloading this program which I've done all but if am not shown I get very easily mixed up<<<hate that part about myself.  My favorite theologian in the pentecostal/charismatic persuasion is 

Dr. J. Rodman Williams  and he wrote Doctrinal trilogy called "Renewal Theology" which in my opinion is excellent. 

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#354 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:54 PM

I actually you this Bible quite a bit. I only wish that they had left in the italics for this version as well as the 21st Century KJV. 

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#355 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

I would like to see Bullinger's A Critical Lexicon and Concordance !!!!!!

I too like Bullinger's works. He was a hyper-dispensationalist and also taught soul-sleep but he was Trinitarian and believe in the gospel of grace in salvation. Here is a link where you can get a PDF or other copies of his Lexicon and Concordance:

https://archive.org/...eeknt.5thed1908

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#356 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

I too like Bullinger's works. He was a hyper-dispensationalist and also taught soul-sleep but he was Trinitarian and believe in the gospel of grace in salvation. Here is a link where you can get a PDF or other copies of his Lexicon and Concordance:

https://archive.org/...eeknt.5thed1908

that PDF is in very BAD shape and that is what I use so I can see exactly what the print version has

DSaw

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#357 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

Hmmm mine came out pretty clean... :D

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#358 74griff

74griff

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:48 AM

I actually you this Bible quite a bit. I only wish that they had left in the italics for this version as well as the 21st Century KJV.

JM, do you read the KJ 2000 in the iPhone ap, or on a computer? I can't seem to be able to figure out how to download it into my iPhone ap.

#359 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hmmm mine came out pretty clean... :D

Yes the flip book that you view online is good

But the PDF that you download is purly done part of every other page is partially cut off

Edited by DSaw, 17 February 2016 - 11:51 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#360 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

But the PDF that you download is purly done part of every other page is partially cut off

Is this a typo, or something else.

I found the word on an online dictionary, which primarily said:

As a Noun:

• "Obsolete spelling of purlieu. [17th c.]"

As an Adverb

• "Obsolete spelling of purely. [15th-16th c.]"

So, with that, it would be interesting to hear what anyone may think it means or of which of the above two it is.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 February 2016 - 03:07 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users