Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New English Bible/Revised English Bible

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 chuckgrantham

chuckgrantham

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

Still apparently available as <a href="http://www.theword.n...l=english">Word module</a>.

If I had to have a different program for all the books and software I wanted, I'd need a bigger computer. Darnit.

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

And fun enough, I located some of the OT books (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Leviticus, Job, Psalms) for the NEB as well. So, we'll see where this leads...

Hi Brian, Bob, Bill, or Ben (I reckon you gotta be one of those four) :D
If you can find the complete OT on line as well, that would be great. I'm going to have a go at getting permission to from Cambridge University to develop the NEB for e-Sword. And if this happens, I hope they might send me the text for it.

BTW, for all you Baptists out there; the NEB (New English Bible) was a Baptist initiative. so that has to be a real feather in your caps.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#13 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Stephen,

Actually, it's Brad (or Bradley).

#14 mwb

mwb

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

I found where REB can be downloaded. The problem is that a purchased license key is needed and I see nowhere to get that. If you really want the module you might try contacting Thought-Sight Consulting Inc. to see if you can still purchase it. Here is the link http://download.thoughtsight.com/
Regarding the NEB, it is one of my favorite versions to read and I have two hard copies of it. It would be fantastic to have it for e-sword. I have also thought about contacting the publishers but never have. Let me know if you need any help with this project. Currently I can find no bible program where the NEB is available. I think in the 90's it used to be a part of Bibleworks but it isn't anymore.
Peace, Mike

#15 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

NEB text (NT and selected OT) can be found online in various places, but it is still under copyright, and no one responds to emails requesting permission to make it available in e-Sword format.

#16 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

NEB text (NT and selected OT) can be found online in various places, but it is still under copyright, and no one responds to emails requesting permission to make it available in e-Sword format.

Hello Sir,

did this ever progress any further? I just had a friend inquire about this version as to it's availability.

M

Edited by MJ_, 10 September 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#17 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello Sir,

did this ever progress any further? I just had a friend inquire about this version as to it's availability.

M

Brother, you appear to be angry about this. What would you suggest if nobody will respond to emails seeking permission?

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#18 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Brother, you appear to be angry about this. What would you suggest if nobody will respond to emails seeking permission?

Just wondering if this version was ever complied for E-sword. The html version is still available - was wondering if anyone had made contact.

#19 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hell Sir,

M

Hi MJ, did you mean Hello Sir?   :)

You might want to contact them also for permission. I'm sure someone would create it if you are not able to.

Edited by Scribe, 10 September 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Scribe

#20 MJ_

MJ_

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi MJ, did you mean Hello Sir?   :)

You might want to contact them also for permission. I'm sure someone would create it if you are not able to.

sorry about the typo..  appreciate your help..

thanks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users