Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword Spanish Modules

6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Pennings

Eric Pennings

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

Note: I posted this comment in the feedback portion of the E-Sword site, and received an error message that suggest that what I wrote was considered spam or inappropriate for some reason so it could not be submitted. I looked for an email address for Rick Meyers in the website, but could not find one, so I decided to sign up as a member to see if it works to submit my question on the forum.

Rick:

I am the Central American Regional Coordinator for Miami International Seminary, a PCA-based international seminary with 4,500 students world-wide, most of which are in Latin America. I have 350 students just in my region. I have been encouraging them to use the E-Sword program that you have developed. I received the info about v.10 of e-sword and have downloaded it. The basic version has a lot of Spanish resources on it. In the older version there were additional resources at www.recursosteologicos.org, but I don't see that available there anymore. Are there additional Spanish modules available on another website? I don't see it on the e-sword.net website.

Also, many of my students don't have access to the internet, but do have computers at home. I used to download the main program and the modules on a separate CD and give it out. But with version 10, it seems you have to be on line to get additional modules. This is a problem for those of my students who don't have access to the internet. Is there a way I can get the modules (especially the Spanish modules) in a format that can be put on a CD and given to them? I'd like to get not just the basic, but any additional modules in Spanish that could be used for my students study of the Scripture using the e-sword program.

God has richly blessed the efforts of your Bible Software development, and I am grateful for that.

I am particularly interested in this in the next month or so because Jan 16-20, 2012, I am organizing a Central American wide conference in Nicaragua where we will have four days of conference. In one of the conference segments, I plan to have one of my students demonstrate the use of E-Sword and then give each participant a CD with the program on it in a downloadable format (hopefully without the use of the internet as I used to do as explained above).

Also … do you have a Spanish translation of the Users Guide? You have done a great job on the English guide.

Dr. Eric Pennings
Miami International Seminary (MINTS)
Associate Academic Dean for Central America

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

I looked for an email address for Rick Meyers in the website,

BibleSupport.com is run by a user, not Rick.

The basic version has a lot of Spanish resources on it. In the older version there were additional resources at www.recursosteologicos.org, but I don't see that available there anymore.

Resources for e-Sword 9.x will function correctly in e-Sword 10.x
Resources for e-Sword 8.x need to be converted to e-Sword 9.x/10.x.

I don't have a list of e-Sword resources that RecursosTeologicos offered. Odds are those resources are still available, albeit from a different site.

Are there additional Spanish modules available on another website?

Yes. The Spanish e-Sword Resource Construction Team releases their contributions at Biblioteca Hispana.
I've taken a liking to Versión Hispano-Americana, which they released earlier this year.
> Is there a way I can get the modules (especially the Spanish modules) in a format that can be put on a CD and given to them?

The simplest is to download everything onto a computer that is connected to the Internet, then burn the appropriate resources to a CD for further distribution. I'd suggest including a ReadMe file that describe how, and where to copy the resources to.

Personally, I find the resources in Spanish (and Portuguese) created by The Spanish e-Sword Resource Construction Team to be more useful than the Spanish (and Portuguese) resources offered at eStudySource or e-Sword.net.

I'd like to get not just the basic, but any additional modules in Spanish that could be used for my students study of the Scripture using the e-sword program.

IMNSHO, the Biblical Language material in Spanish is slightly better than that in English.

do you have a Spanish translation of the Users Guide?

I think that The Spanish e-Sword Resource Construction Team has written a guide in Spanish for e-Sword 9.x. At a minimum, somehow or other I acquired a user guide in Spanish for e-Sword 9.x.

###

One big issue with Spanish resources is copyright --- that which can be legally distributed from some Hispanic countries can not be legally distributed from the United States.

jonathon

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Note: I posted this comment in the feedback portion of the E-Sword site, and received an error message that suggest that what I wrote was considered spam or inappropriate for some reason so it could not be submitted. I looked for an email address for Rick Meyers in the website, but could not find one, so I decided to sign up as a member to see if it works to submit my question on the forum.

Rick:

I am the Central American Regional Coordinator for Miami International Seminary, a PCA-based international seminary with 4,500 students world-wide, most of which are in Latin America. I have 350 students just in my region. I have been encouraging them to use the E-Sword program that you have developed. I received the info about v.10 of e-sword and have downloaded it. The basic version has a lot of Spanish resources on it. In the older version there were additional resources at www.recursosteologicos.org, but I don't see that available there anymore. Are there additional Spanish modules available on another website? I don't see it on the e-sword.net website.

Also, many of my students don't have access to the internet, but do have computers at home. I used to download the main program and the modules on a separate CD and give it out. But with version 10, it seems you have to be on line to get additional modules. This is a problem for those of my students who don't have access to the internet. Is there a way I can get the modules (especially the Spanish modules) in a format that can be put on a CD and given to them? I'd like to get not just the basic, but any additional modules in Spanish that could be used for my students study of the Scripture using the e-sword program.

God has richly blessed the efforts of your Bible Software development, and I am grateful for that.

I am particularly interested in this in the next month or so because Jan 16-20, 2012, I am organizing a Central American wide conference in Nicaragua where we will have four days of conference. In one of the conference segments, I plan to have one of my students demonstrate the use of E-Sword and then give each participant a CD with the program on it in a downloadable format (hopefully without the use of the internet as I used to do as explained above).

Also … do you have a Spanish translation of the Users Guide? You have done a great job on the English guide.

Dr. Eric Pennings
Miami International Seminary (MINTS)
Associate Academic Dean for Central America

Hi Eric,

You can reach Rick Meyers at: http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

For Spanish e-Sword resources: http://esword-espanol.blogspot.com/ You might also try just using Google. There are some specialty Spanish e-Sword resource websites out there. We do have some Spanish resources here but they may be difficult to find and not properly described. When we upgrade and have tagging in the downloads, we will be able to tag Spanish resources as such.

As far as I know, nothing has changed regarding the distribution of e-Sword resources. You can store e-Sword resources on a CD just like you always could. Your students could install from a CD.

A member began work on translating the e-Sword 10 manual into Spanish. But I don't know the status of it. I will email you when it's finished.

Thanks,
Josh

#4 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

David Cox has a nice Spanish site. Two caveats:

1) much of his material is formatted for 7-8x; to use with eS10, it will need to be converted;
2) David Cox now dislikes eSword, and recommends another program.

Past those two caveats, his site has a ton of good stuff.

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 15 April 2013 - 08:24 AM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#5 rbramsay

rbramsay

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:58 AM

Josh,

Thanks for the link for Spanish resources. Once I have downloaded an application, how do I install it in my eSword program?

#6 rbramsay

rbramsay

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

OK, I found the module for installing the programs. Might help to help us find this on the site where the programs are offered for downloading. (Or did I miss it somewhere?) Anyway, seems to be working!

#7 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

The first key to getting a module like the "module installer" is to know it exists, the second lies in knowing that there is a whole section of downloadable utilities, the third is having the patience to search through said utilities section til you find it.  ;-) 

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users