Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

The Compare Tab

Compare Bible

16 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

I attempted to check 2 Samuel 12:16 with my Compare tab in the Bible section of e-Sword 10.0.5. I have selected 35 of my Bibles to display in Compare mode. Only 16 would display. The ones that were displayed were the first 16 alphabetically by translation name. That is about enough to fit on one screen using my default font size of 12 points. I tried changing the default font size to 10 points and I still only got 16 Bibles displayed. It took up only part of a screen. I changed the verse to 1 Thessalonians 1:1. Now all of my Bibles display in the Compare mode. Acts 8:7 displays all of my selected Bibles. Genesis 3:15 only shows the first 16 Bibles (alphabetically). This appears to be a problem with the Compare tab in the Old Testament.

I am not sure but this seems to be a legitimate bug to me.

Can anyone help?

#2 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

Hi Marvin

I don't think that's a bug in e-Sword.

There's a format error in those verses in the last translation that appears visible. It could be that it ends with one bracket too much }} or that it has an RTF header, which e-Sword 10 doesn't allow.

In Compare view that setting affects all the text that comes after it.

Please, tell me what's the last Bible that displays, and I will check its format.

Regards,

Carlos

#3 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi Carlos

I think that you are right. The LXX-BYZ translation (Transliterated Septuagint OT and Majority Text NT) was the last thing to appear. It only showed the translation name in the Compare tab but displayed no translation. I removed that version from my reference requirements for the Compare tab and now everything works fine. It would have been nice to have that among my compared translations but I can live without it.

Thank you for your insight.

Marvin

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

hi here is a file

can someone fix this problem with compare bibles Attached File  LXX-BYZ - Transliterated Septuagint OT and Majority Text NT.zip   5.93MB   1 downloads

Please look over it to be fixed

Thank you
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 yddilar

yddilar

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have the exact same problem with the Hebrew Study Bible (HSB) module. I removed HSB from the Compare list and it worked fine. All were displayed (except HSB).

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

what I see is there is no closing bracket at the end of the verses changing the bible reference to superscript which apparently compare does not read
I opened in sqlite entered the brackets and it appears in compare
I tried opening in T4 but it only open the information text and freezes

Attached Files

Edited by DSaw, 30 May 2012 - 09:42 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

what I see is there is no closing bracket at the end of the verses changing the bible reference to superscript which apparently compare does not read
I opened in sqlite entered the brackets and it appears in compare
I tried opening in NT4 but it only open the information text and freezes

The rtf code in the database record entry should look like the following.

en{\cf11\super G1722 PREP} arch{\i e{\cf11\super G746 N-DSF}} and etc.

If the close (right) brace is missing then everything following will be in both superscript and green text.

Where braces are used in the rtf code sets the parameters for where that code is used. If braces are not used you need to end the parameter with a Zero (0), e.g., \b this is bold text\b0 and etc.Using braces is a whole lot easier.

Now, if you want to include those neat little square open and close brackets, then you've got to put them in. Note example below:
{\cf11\super [G1722 PREP]} arch{\i e{\cf11\super [G746 N-DSF]}}

The output in e-Sword would look like this:

en[G1722 PREP] arche[G746 N-DSF] and etc.

I hope this is helpful to you

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 30 May 2012 - 10:10 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 Raymond Barone

Raymond Barone

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

I have the exact same problem with the Hebrew Study Bible (HSB) module. I removed HSB from the Compare list and it worked fine. All were displayed (except HSB).

There was a problem in HSB, but only when displaying a verse from the NT in the compare view.

Fixed here:
http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/7558-hebrew-study-bible-interlinear-hebrew-old-testament-with-strongs-numbers-and-transliteration/

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

The rtf code in the database record entry should look like the following.

en{\cf11\super G1722 PREP} arch{\i e{\cf11\super G746 N-DSF}} and etc.

If the close (right) brace is missing then everything following will be in both superscript and green text.

Where braces are used in the rtf code sets the parameters for where that code is used. If braces are not used you need to end the parameter with a Zero (0), e.g., \b this is bold text\b0 and etc.Using braces is a whole lot easier.

Now, if you want to include those neat little square open and close brackets, then you've got to put them in. Note example below:
{\cf11\super [G1722 PREP]} arch{\i e{\cf11\super [G746 N-DSF]}}

The output in e-Sword would look like this:

en[G1722 PREP] arche[G746 N-DSF] and etc.

I hope this is helpful to you

Blessings,

ok my mistake was calling a } a ] and I ask forgiveness for the confusion this may have caused

your assumption would be correct unless the verses looked like this which allot do

{} }kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} ekalesen{\cf11\f0\super G2564} {\cf6\f0\super V-AAI-3S} o{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-NSM} theos{\cf11\f0\super G2316 N-NSM} to{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-ASN} ph{\i o}s{\cf11\f0\super G5457 N-ASN} {\i e}meran{\cf11\f0\super G2250 N-ASF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} to{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-ASN} skotos{\cf11\f0\super G4655 N-ASN} ekalesen{\cf11\f0\super G2564} {\cf6\f0\super V-AAI-3S} nukta{\cf11\f0\super G3571 N-ASF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} egeneto{\cf11\f0\super G1096} {\cf6\f0\super V-AMI-3S} espera{\cf11\f0\super G2073 N-NSF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} egeneto{\cf11\f0\super G1096} {\cf6\f0\super V-AMI-3S} pr{\i o}i{\cf11\f0\super G4404 ADV} {\i e}mera{\cf11\f0\super G2250 N-NSF} mia{\cf11\f0\super G1519 A-NSF

and if you look at the module itself you may have seen this see picture the references are superscript

Attached Files

Edited by DSaw, 31 May 2012 - 05:37 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

ok my mistake was calling a } a ] and I ask forgiveness for the confusion this may have caused

your assumption would be correct unless the verses looked like this which allot do

{} }kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} ekalesen{\cf11\f0\super G2564} {\cf6\f0\super V-AAI-3S} o{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-NSM} theos{\cf11\f0\super G2316 N-NSM} to{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-ASN} ph{\i o}s{\cf11\f0\super G5457 N-ASN} {\i e}meran{\cf11\f0\super G2250 N-ASF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} to{\cf11\f0\super G3588 T-ASN} skotos{\cf11\f0\super G4655 N-ASN} ekalesen{\cf11\f0\super G2564} {\cf6\f0\super V-AAI-3S} nukta{\cf11\f0\super G3571 N-ASF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} egeneto{\cf11\f0\super G1096} {\cf6\f0\super V-AMI-3S} espera{\cf11\f0\super G2073 N-NSF} kai{\cf11\f0\super G2532 CONJ} egeneto{\cf11\f0\super G1096} {\cf6\f0\super V-AMI-3S} pr{\i o}i{\cf11\f0\super G4404 ADV} {\i e}mera{\cf11\f0\super G2250 N-NSF} mia{\cf11\f0\super G1519 A-NSF

and if you look at the module itself you may have seen this see picture the references are superscript

Hi Dave,
Well, basically you really don't seem to have too much of a problem there. About the only thing needed there is just a bit of a cleanup in the rtf code. Because you're dealing with a transliteration of the Greek using Roman text, and not Greek text you don't need your \f0 code. That can be deleted. Beyond that and looking at your screenshot, then everything looks OK, and as it should be unless I'm missing something that I can't see.

Another term used for these {} are called curly brackets, but for Java, C, C++ and C# programers, we just know them as braces.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users