Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword Utilities - FOR WINDOWS PC ONLY e-Sword Module Installer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

File Name: FOR WINDOWS PC ONLY e-Sword Module Installer

File Submitter: Josh Bond

File Submitted: 28 Nov 2011

File Category: e-Sword Utilities

Author: Josh Bond

Description
The e-Sword Module Installer automatically installs your e-Sword modules! It copies your e-Sword module to your e-Sword Resources Location or User Files Location on your Windows PC. This works for e-Sword 9 onwards.

Step 1:
Download and install the Module Installer. (During or after the download, click "Open" or "Run" to install the Module Installer)

Step 2:
You can install modules from Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.

Option A - Double Click the file in Windows Explorer
You can now double-click any e-Sword module you downloaded in Windows Explorer:

Posted Image

(If the Module Installer asks you for Administrator permissions, click "Yes".)

For a non-editable module, the Module Installer shows this screen (don't worry, all you have to do is click "OK").

Posted Image

For an editable module, the Module Installer shows this screen (don't worry, all you have to do is click "OK").

Posted Image

Zip files
If you downloaded a zip file: double-click the zip file (or open it while you download the file, as shown below). When the zip file opens, double-click the e-Sword module to launch the installer.

Option B - Installing directly from Internet Explorer
You can install a module without leaving Internet Explorer! After starting your download in Internet Explorer 9, click Open in the popup at the bottom of the screen. This will launch the Module Installer when the download finishes.

Posted Image

Option C - Installing directly from Firefox
You can install a module without leaving Firefox! After starting your download in FireFox, the download popup below will appear. Click the "Open with" option and click "OK". This will launch the Module Installer when the download finishes.

Posted Image

Compatibility
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and maybe older versions of Windows.

Acknowledgments
Special thanks to Brent Hildebrand for help with the installation file, which was was more trouble than the application itself. And special thanks to Doctor Dave and Jon Graef for beta testing.

Click here to download this file

#2 dmstevens

dmstevens

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hi Josh

thanks for your work to make all this valuable stuff available.

However, I do have a problem installing Module Installer 0.4 I got this error message. Here it is as it appeared on my screen (it was in Capital letters I am not shouting, honest) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cmtx. Code 5 Access denied.

Can you help?

I am running Windows 7 on 64 bit machine.

blessings

Dave

#3 fordwillman

fordwillman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Will you support Windows 8? I don't like it, and have put a shell on it, so it looks like 7, but still I am stuck with the OS.

#4 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 April 2023 - 04:13 AM

Request to Webmaster: Please request a moderator to amend the front page of the Bible Support Module Installer, on the option of Compatibility, by adding the option "Windows 11".

Please arrange to add a program enhancement option inside the Module Installer to provide for the ".lexx" file type, and the ".ovlx" file type, and the "top" file type, which are at present not set up in the PC when the Module Installer is installed. The existing version is 0.6 of the Bible Support Module Installer. Please update the file version number when the file is updated.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 06:59 AM

You need to simple contact the author of the program.

#6 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 January 2024 - 05:22 AM

If your virus control app blocks the file, you need to report to the manufacturer of that product that ModuleInstallerSetup06.exe from www.biblesupport.com is not a virus and is safe. Unselect the virus package, and try again,

If your PC Windows Security will not allow the file to be activated, see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26#ID0EBF=Windows_11

or
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26#ID0EBF=Windows_10

and follow instructions to add an exclusion to Windows Security.
Add the file in the download folder, to the exclusion list.

Then also, browse to the downloaded file. use right click and View the Properties of the file. If you notice that there is an added note at the bottom, "Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer",
notice that there is a check box alongside the word "Unblock". Drag the ModuleInstallerSetup.exe Properties window up the screen, so that you see the bottom of the window okay.

You will see three buttons, "OK", "Cancel", and one greyed out, "Apply".
Click your pointer on the check box next to the Unblock name. A tick will be inserted in the check box.. The "Apply" button will become available.

Move the pointer over the "Apply button", which will become highlighted.
Select the "Apply" button. The time that the module was accessed will be updated.
The "Apply option will again be greyed out. Now move the pointer over the "OK" button, which will become highlighted. Select the "OK" button. The Properties window will close.

How to  "select". If you use a mouse, click the left mouse button. If you use a laptop, with a track pad, click the appropriate "left click" part of the track pad.

NOTE: I find that this occurs now on ALL downloaded files. If I downloaded this file using Firefox, I was unable to get it to run from Firefox. I was able to access the download folder with Microsoft Edge, and then modify the file.

Return to the download folder and run the downloaded file.
This will create a folder in This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files > e-Sword Module Installer with the following contents: ModuleInstaller.exe; mscvp90.dll; mscvr90.dll; QtCorer.dll; QtGui4.dll; unins000.dat; and unins000.exe

Now run the ModuleInstaller.exe to link e-Sword for PC file types to your PC, so that they will call up this ModuleInstaller application, in future, when you select one of the e-Sword downloaded e-Sword modules.
In cases where the file type is in all CAPITAL letters, rename the filename, by converting these to small letters. Correct abnormal filenames sometimes caused by corruption of characters across the internet, especially with apostrophe and letters with diaeresis marks on the characters, as used in Romanian filenames, for example, into Latin small letters.

This Module Installer is only designed for loading downloaded modules for e-Sword for the PC.

Other devices, by Apple, and Chrome, and Android, have another method, included in e-Sword running on that device, to use the three horizontal bars, (the menu icon), to list the downloaded files, and then to use an option to pull these files into e-Sword into the appropriate folder. 

Reactivate the virus program or other security apps you disabled on your PC

In Settings, you can check that the PC has set a default app for a file type. The following are applicable to be set to ModuleInstaller.exe.
bbli bblx brpi brpx cmti cmtx dcti dctx devi devx hari harx jnli jnlx lexi lexx lex lst lsti lstx memx mpt mpti mptx map mapi mapx memi memx ovlx not notx prlx top topi topx

Browse to your This PC > Windows (C:) > Users >  username > Documents > e-Sword folder, and check that all the files are able to access e-Sword.exe. If one is not linked, use "Open with", and select "e-Sword.exe", and "always". Also check in the other "username" folders for other users of your PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users