Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament (keyed to Strong's)

COMPLETE

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

It is my intention to convert A Manual Greek Lexicon of the new testament to eSword

It is also my intention to key this work to Strong's numbering

Now available here

http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

Edited by DSaw, 30 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

HI Dsaw,

Will this help the Liddell Dictionary?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Liddell is a much bigger project wanted to start with something smaller

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Another reason for me converting A manual Greek lexicon 1st is I am unable to find a good RTF of liddell Scott the RTF I have freezes and will not load

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hello I have discovered a problem with the Hebrew when saving it to RTF the characters shift this can be solved but the vowel points and other marks shift from there intended positions

Question How important are the vowel points and marks would excluding the vowel points and marks make the Module not worth using or can these these be left out and still be a useful module

I really do not want to abandon this project

the vowel shift was do to the font being used changing fonts solve issue

Edited by DSaw, 12 April 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm Proceeding with this project however the Hebrew will not have vowel points or accent marks I have looked at Hebrew Bibles that are available in Esword and they have no vowel point or accents and as The Hebrew words are only referred to as equivalents in A manual Greek Lexicon so the Greek and the definition Should not be effected

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

My apologies for how long this is taking

there is allot more Greek that needs to be enter then I thought and the Hebrew was giving me a challenge which I 'm now inserting the Stongs Hebrew number in place of the Hebrew where I 'm not 100% certain The Hebrew word remains and since it will be keyed to Strongs any doubt in the Number assigned must be researched

David

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Work will continue

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I have done a small test module of A manual Greek Lexicon by G.Abbott-Smith
  • let me know what you think
  • is it up to the current standard
I see the issue with the Italics transferring to some indent numbers I will fix that

Attached Files

#10 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

DSaw,

I see some symbols rather frequently; I'm going to guess that there is a "key" somewhere that will explain the symbols. A few possible proofing booboos:

G3119 - is the "<" an accidental stroke, or does it belong?

G3120 - perhaps missing some punctuation in the line starting with "[in LXX..."

G3128 - is that blank line after "1." on purpose?

All in all, I give this test module very high marks. Nicely done thus far. I'm greatly anticipating seeing the final version.

(Please note: the criticisms listed here are only because you asked. I think this module thus far is quite good; much better than most other user made dictionaries!)

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users