Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament (keyed to Strong's)

COMPLETE

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

DSaw,

I see some symbols rather frequently; I'm going to guess that there is a "key" somewhere that will explain the symbols. A few possible proofing booboos:

G3119 - is the "<" an accidental stroke, or does it belong?

G3120 - perhaps missing some punctuation in the line starting with "[in LXX..."

G3128 - is that blank line after "1." on purpose?

All in all, I give this test module very high marks. Nicely done thus far. I'm greatly anticipating seeing the final version.

(Please note: the criticisms listed here are only because you asked. I think this module thus far is quite good; much better than most other user made dictionaries!)

Hi Dr.D

Thank you

Yes there will be a key in the information window or in a topic file
(is it simpler to open the info window or open a topic file) what say you
Hmmm it would be nice if Rick would release his abbreviation feature to the public or at least to Brent so he could whip something up just hoping

G3119 the < means that the word that precedes it is from the word after it (< = this word is from)

G3120 No the [in LXX does not have Punctuation marks

G3128 yes the space was on purpose to keep it uniform with the rest of the entries. 1. (a) this is how it was

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#12 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

You probably need a fresh pair of eyes to check all of the topics because I have noticed some issues. One example where you have got the Hebrew muddled with the entry below of Manasseh.

G3127

Μαναήν, ὁ (Heb. מנשה), Manaen : Act_13:1.†

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another is a verse ref in topic G3123 Num_13:22 (31),--- it is 13:32.

Jon

#13 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

You probably need a fresh pair of eyes to check all of the topics because I have noticed some issues. One example where you have got the Hebrew muddled with the entry below of Manasseh.

G3127

Μαναήν, ὁ (Heb. מנשה), Manaen : Act_13:1.†
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another is a verse ref in topic G3123 Num_13:22 (31),--- it is 13:32.
Jon

Jon

thank you

good eye both have been changed I'm going to do another proofing pass when done with the initial pass but yes It should be proofed by someone else though

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#14 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

1st OCR proofing is almost complete 

2nd OCR proofing run, formatting, and testing still to go

1st OCR proofing is by far the most time consuming 

#15 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

A Manual Greek Lexicon is now available Here

http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users