Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

.topx folders

topx folder

2 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

I created a new .topx folder which I thought would solve a problem that I was having with Templates. It did not solve the problem. I found the answer by another route.

Now I am stuck with a .topx folder which I do not need. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I tried deleting the file in my documents/e-Sword file. That only brought up error messages. I have checked the excellent help PDF associated with the new version of e-Sword and could not find an answer. I will appreciate any assistance.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Deleting a folder in Windows is outside e-Sword's control and has nothing (that I can think of) to do with e-Sword. The only interaction could be that e-Sword is still reading a topic in that folder and e-Sword has assigned the file to read only status. And your attempt to delete the file while it's being read is creating an error? Make sure the Topic Editor does not have a topic file open from that folder, or is not trying to read from that folder. That's a guess--I'm not sure if that would really happen.

#3 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

Thank you, Humble Servant. I went away from that .topx folder in e-Sword. Then I closed e-Sword. (I had closed e-Sword before unsuccessfully because I had not closed all topics in the Template.topx folder.) This time, when I deleted the Template.topx folder in My Documents/e-Sword, it worked. I have now opened e-Sword with no error messages and I have no indication of any other folder in the Topics editor than Topic.topx.

Thank You very much.

Marvin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users