Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

the word bible module

cocvert

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 garydavid711

garydavid711

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

Any one have kindergarten instruction on how to convert a bible module i have from "the word" [my translation] using tool tip?
i tried with no success it is new testament only- i read manual but it was real fuzzy for me

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

HI garydavid711,

here is a sample to go by:

#define description=GaryDavid711
#define abbreviation=GD NT
#define comments=Gary David 711 New Testament Bible
#define version=1
#define strong=0
#define right2left=0
#define ot=0
#define nt=1
#define font=DEFAULT
#define apocrypha=0

÷[MAT]
1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; Isaac begat Jacob; Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
1:3 Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; Phares begat Esrom; Esrom begat Aram;
1:4 Aram begat Aminadab; Aminadab begat Naasson; Naasson begat Salmon;
1:5 Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; Booz begat Obed of Ruth; Obed begat Jesse;

You will need to keep the top to the main text the same but change the name of the bible to what you are working on. the ÷ is a mark found in Tool Tip Tool top of the page .

Just copy the text i posted and change the text and name of the bible.

BH will help you more. Please read the forums and play around with it. to learn.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 garydavid711

garydavid711

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

HERE is what i did---i open up tool tip and put "the word" text file bible in--then i went to module to module define variables went to bblx and it define variables--then i click on esword tool tips---then i click on full book name--then went to modules/bible/save bible plain text/
when i name bible to save i got a error message that said "whoa-what happened? report the following value error--BGen[64] i could not see rest of message----------this is a new testament only is that the problem?

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

hi that will not work you have to follow the sample I gave you. I need to know what text you are using?
are you making a bible from the Word (bible Software)? If so you will have to copy and paste into Tool Tip Tool (T3). If it is open (not encripted) it may open with Excel. if so copy the text to T3.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

I guess I need to know exactly what format the text you have is in. But this problem is usually a formatting issue some where. If you are using the latest version of Tooltip Tool, then load your text document. Then in T3 click, File+Debug. Then, click Modules+Bible+Save Bible File [book]/chap:verse - RTF. NOTE - RTF. When the error occurs, the "verse" that T3 was working on will appear in the CAPTION of the main window. This can help to figure out what the issue is.

Edited by BH., 21 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#6 garydavid711

garydavid711

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

I TRIED ANOTHER WAY-I put bible in tool tip then copy/paste what you had all but verses then saved everything looks good but not showing up in esword?

#7 garydavid711

garydavid711

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

show no debug problems this is a text file everything looks good but esword does not recognize

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Post your file, we can then look at it.

#9 garydavid711

garydavid711

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

I CAN COPY/PASTE text TO YOU-but i see know way to attach file

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

click the "More Reply Options" icon at the bottom right of where you reply to the topic, then you will get an icon to attach a file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users