I know this is a one year old thread but I've been trying to get an answer to a problem with e-Sword running under wine/ubuntu for more than a year!
It's a not a showstopping problem, but nonetheless.
Basically when upgrading to e-sword 10 I followed the "silverlight" instructions on several forums and reinstalled using the exe, not the famous install script from one of the Ubuntu forums - everything worked except none of the verses highlight or sync to the commentaries. Can anyone here shed light on this? Is there a specific .dll for wine that is responsible for this?
I've asked on several forums more than a year ago and have yet to get a reply.
Again, not a showstopping issue but still high on the annoyance list ;-) Any help would be appreciated.
The below is old information that might or might not still be good, but those are the four dll's that I used to get mine going right years ago when I ran Linux. If you run a Google search for "e-Sword Linux Wine", you should be able to get more current information about what goes where and what to do. First, you have to know where to put the dll's, and I don't remember. Second, you have to set dlloverrides in Wine, and I can't remember much at all about that. Also please keep in mind that none of this information might be current now. I hope it helps you though. Also know that these dll's might be included in the latest versions of Wine and could do harm instead of good. I just don't know, so be aware of this.
Edited by journey, 06 April 2013 - 09:09 PM.