Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Arabic SVD Bible question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gilbert Lachin

Gilbert Lachin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Hello and greetings,
I have a great need of making or editing a bible to make it easier to find verses, by typing the exact word without movements.
I do use Arabic SVD however the movements makes it difficult, i do have to write the whole word down perfectly so that search engine will find the word, is there a way to make the Arabic bible (without any movements) by deleting all the word movements, and just use the exact letters?
thanks and God bless.

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

is there a way to make the Arabic bible (without any movements) by deleting all the word movements, and just use the exact letters?

There is a process that works about 20 percent of the time. It is much simpler, and faster to construct concordances with word pairs/triplets/quads/quints.

jonathon

#3 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hi Gilbert

I have a great need of making or editing a bible to make it easier to find verses, by typing the exact word without movements.
I do use Arabic SVD however the movements makes it difficult, i do have to write the whole word down perfectly so that search engine will find the word, is there a way to make the Arabic bible (without any movements) by deleting all the word movements, and just use the exact letters?

I understand what you mean. It should not be too difficult to remove the vowels if we had the text, but since the module is encrypted, we don't have access to it.

Let me try and find that text somewhere else, and I will build that module for you.

Regards,

Carlos

#4 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi Gilbert

I found the text and prepared your Bible module. The text was in a very easy to import format, so it didn't take long.

I removed all the vowels and other diacritics, so it can now be searched correctly. Also, in this module the font is correctly set as Arabic (in the official one it's wrongly identified as Hebrew) so you can change the appearance of the text using the Arabic Font option.

What do you think would be the best name and abbreviation for this module? Maybe "SVD-"?

Carlos

#5 Sherif

Sherif

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hi, I do not want to make a bible, I simply want to read it in arabic. The hurdles I am facing now start by using Mac, the crossover didn't work, nor wine, none of any other methods. The core works well on X11, however the arabic text using SVD (doesn't display i.e. blank page) and makes the e-sword crash everytime including the use of parallels and compare. Any help would be most appreciated. Forgot, the only way to install it is via the "Play on Mac".

#6 Begendy

Begendy

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hi Gilbert

I found the text and prepared your Bible module. The text was in a very easy to import format, so it didn't take long.

I removed all the vowels and other diacritics, so it can now be searched correctly. Also, in this module the font is correctly set as Arabic (in the official one it's wrongly identified as Hebrew) so you can change the appearance of the text using the Arabic Font option.

What do you think would be the best name and abbreviation for this module? Maybe "SVD-"?

Carlos

It is almost three years since you had posted that. I hope you still there. I have the same problem. I need arabic bible that I can search without vowels. I see you made a module, I can't see the link. did you solve this problem yet??

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users