Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword 10.5 - Problem Opening/Accessing Topic (.topx) Files

Topic 10.5 Upgrade File Locations CTL + Right or Left Click .topx

17 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have the same problem, my topics not working. I hope this bug gets a fix, I have no idea how to fix it and don't want to attempt it, but I miss my topics. Thanks and Shalom!

This isn't hard to resolve on your own if you need it fixed now.

To resolve this issue, click your mouse like the screenshot below. Then type a new topic title and click OK.

Attached File  topic-addnote.png   23.8K   2 downloads

#12 Nahum Sanchez

Nahum Sanchez

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

No longer access these files through the Notes Editor of topics, but through the new Reference Library feature, which can be accessed from the Tools menu - Reference Library, or using the icon below:
Posted Image
This has the following advantages:
1 º. The modules have been renovated, errors have been corrected and are complete bibliographic data.
2 º. In addition to text files may contain the new images. Some books now include the covers.
3 º. The new tool incorporates a powerful search system.
4 º. These modules can not be changed, so that it will not be erased or altered passages accidentally, as happened so often. In addition, we can be certain that these books have not been tampered with by malicious individuals.
5 º. The modules are compressed, so they occupy less disk space.

They also indicated that installing the updated versions the old deleted to avoid duplication and confusion.

Do not forget to enjoy this new format is necessary to upgrade to e-Sword 10. These topics, such as those published in the future, can not be displayed on e-Sword 9 or earlier. This affects only the topics. The remaining resources (Bibles, devotionals, dictionaries, etc.) are still supported.

#13 Bill Wills

Bill Wills

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

This isn't hard to resolve on your own if you need it fixed now.

To resolve this issue, click your mouse like the screenshot below. Then type a new topic title and click OK.

attachicon.giftopic-addnote.png

No longer access these files through the Notes Editor of topics, but through the new Reference Library feature, which can be accessed from the Tools menu - Reference Library, or using the icon below:
refx.jpg
This has the following advantages:
1 º. The modules have been renovated, errors have been corrected and are complete bibliographic data.
2 º. In addition to text files may contain the new images. Some books now include the covers.
3 º. The new tool incorporates a powerful search system.
4 º. These modules can not be changed, so that it will not be erased or altered passages accidentally, as happened so often. In addition, we can be certain that these books have not been tampered with by malicious individuals.
5 º. The modules are compressed, so they occupy less disk space.

They also indicated that installing the updated versions the old deleted to avoid duplication and confusion.

Do not forget to enjoy this new format is necessary to upgrade to e-Sword 10. These topics, such as those published in the future, can not be displayed on e-Sword 9 or earlier. This affects only the topics. The remaining resources (Bibles, devotionals, dictionaries, etc.) are still supported.

This excellent answer helped me out, thanks and God Bless..

#14 jtwanabe

jtwanabe

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

"error encountered opening Bible file: C:\Program Files\e-Sword\kjv.bblx"

I'm getting the above error message after upgrading to the lastest esword version. I get this even with
the embeded bibles that come with the program. Can anyone help me please.

I'm a user for many, many years but after three weeks of trying to fix it i'm about to jump ship.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

JT

#15 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

This could be a permissions problem that Windows is famous for. Try:

1 - Install e-Sword as the Administrator. You do this by right clicking the e-Sword install file and selecting "run as administrator".

2 - Right click the e-Sword folder - should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

On many Windows machines. Click properties - click security - check your current user's permissions - click edit if you don't have full access - check all the boxes for access - click "OK" to save.

3 - Read only can also be a problem on the folder properties. Right click the e-Sword folder again - look at "General" - look at attributes - if it's marked as read only, unmark it and click OK.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#16 grP

grP

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

I can get to all of "My Topic" files created by me for study purposes; however, I cannot access downloaded modules from other authors on bible support web site.  These include seven volumes from College Press, one volume by Lange and the 1st Book of Enoch.  When I click on the Resources/Reference Books/topic, it shows I have c\program files(x86)\esword as resource location and documents\esword as user file locations.  I tried putting Enoch in both and either with not luck.  Cannot get a ctrl + right click to show anything in the drop down menu on the editor or anything useful on the New Topic icon.

I really would like to be able to access these books ...

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:08 AM

In the main e-Sword window, click the last icon to the right, the one that looks like three books (tooltip = Reference Library). The Reference Library will open and you just select your title from the drop-down.

#18 glantern3

glantern3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

I had the same problem. I fixed it. Basically my resolution for my problem was to go to the topic file and open  properties  then to previous versions and highlight the most recent file and at the bottom right you will see a button that says "restore". Click it and close e-sword then open it again. All of my Topic notes were there. By doing this you are repointing the program to the restore point of that file.  A file can become corrupt after a long time and a lot of information so just back up your notes when you are in e-sword and paste them into a word document and you will have your notes in 2 formats which is smart because e-sword files are proprietary. Just to be safe it you cannot fix it jus cut and paste the file into a new folder in that folder just in case you find out what the fix is you still have it near where you can find it. Also if you take the file out and close and reopen e-sword it will create a new file, not the old one but a new one.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Topic, 10.5 Upgrade, File Locations, CTL + Right or Left Click, .topx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users