Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Using Microsoft Word to Make Modules

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi Josh,
Perhaps another little handy tool, which Rick Meyers created, are the e-Sword Macros. Pity is there aren't any available for WordPerfect. But outside of that, I find that little add-on to utilize with MS Word very good to have.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)

Stephen, just a reminder.. e-Sword HotHey gives ALL the functionality of e-Sword Macros that Word has ( and more besides ) to WordPerfect. And NotePad, and WordPad, and Lyx, and ....

#42 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hi Brent,
I gotta love your plug, bro. Just to let you know, I've got both HotKey and T3, and as good as they are (and believe me when I say that, for they really are very good programs), however I can't do a Scripture search (as in search for a verse of Scripture) in WordPerfect with them, as I can with the macros in MS Word. So I am somewhat limited because HotKey can only work externally from a program and not within it, such as the e-Sword Macros do in MS Word. To have a functional macro which can execute a dynamic link library (dll) file within WordPerfect in the same way as it does in MS Word is what I would love to be able to happen.

Now, I actually use the HotKey program alongside WordPerfect, and I used it as an aid in my Scripture search for an essay I had written a little while ago for my Church.

I dunno if you thought of it, played/experimented with it or not; but I wonder if you can extend the HotKey capability to work with Dictionary and Commentary resources. Just a crazy thought.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21)

Attached File  Big_Hug.gif   24.29K   1 downloads

Edited by APsit190, 04 December 2011 - 04:11 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#43 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

Well Stephen, I still beg to differ. If you have the macros installed for Word (any version), you have the same scripture search function as in Word with HotKey in WordPerfect. With HotKey visible, and it will stay on top of WordPerfect, click the Macro menu and select Search. This is the same search you have in Word. OK, it is accessed via the Menu instead of a button, but it is exactly the same. But in addition to this, you can type your verse in WordPerfect, (or verses - this you can not do with the Word macros) and select them, copy them to the clipboard, and hit the HotKey, You will now have ALL the verses you typed in in the clipboard, and you can then paste that into WordPerfect.

As for Dictionary or Commentary sources, HotKey already works with them, I'm assuming you mean these resources in e-Sword.

Repeat - e-Sword HotKey has all the functionality of the Word Macros - You can do e-Sword Searches, Version selection, and Verse copying and even Scripture conversion. The different with Scripture conversion is that you need to press a couple of more keys, BUT, HotKey will do the conversion more accurately. Example, is you have John 3:16, 18. If you select this with the Word Macros, you will get a conversion which includes John 3:17. Is that what is specified? No. But HotKey will give you only 16 and 18. If you have a reference such as John 3:16-18; 17:3, 17. The e-Sword Macros will do nothing, but HotKey will convert all of these verses. In WordPerfect. Or Lyx, or Notepad, or you email client, or even here in my web browser.

So, what again is HotKey missing? Note - HotKey is using the same interface as Word Macros, in fact, it is using the Word Macros. The difference is that it is parsing the scripture references before making the call the the Macros. It is using the same verse identification routine as T3.

#44 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

Hi Brent,
Thanks for all that information.

Something else, I can sort of make HotKey an extension of WordPerfect by having a customized toolbar button to run an external program. This means I don't have to execute the program separately.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#45 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

Josh

What would be the search and replace formula be for changing superscript to normal

Find Jo 316 replace with Jo 3:16

Find Ma 1010 replace with Ma 10:10

Thanks

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#46 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

On the search/replace window, click the More options button. That shows the Format button at the bottom of the window. Choose Font from the Format button menu. Check the boxes as appropriate for superscript, subscript (etc) depending on what your searching for and replacing with. You can then search for any text with a superscript or subscript and change to not-superscript or not-subscript.

#47 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I would search for superscript font--by using Josh's directions above--and search for this ([0-9]{1,3}) Then I would replace with regular font :\1

All of this with wildcards on.

Brad

#48 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

I followed both your instructions
options use wildcard, format Superscript ([0-9]{1,3}) is entered into search box

replace is :\1

This just adds the : mark is there something I'm missing in the replace options or format

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#49 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Did you make sure the ( ) were around your search?

If so, I will have to go back to being the learner again...

Brad

#50 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yes the () are there in fact if you miss one it warns that its not valid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users