Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Failed converting old top files

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hi, everyone, God bless..

I've read someplace that if one make ctrl-right click on Topics, and choice Open, it's possible to open old files. That's true, they are opened and converted to topx.... with nothing inside. I've tried twice and the same thing happens again. Doing something wrrong?
I am using version 991. Thanks.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I've tested it on 10.0.x and this works. My first question is: You're sure the study notes are really empty after being converted? With 10.0.x, you can see all of the study notes at once to confirm.

You can send me the study notes file and I will convert it for you. Or you can try using 10.0.x to see if that resolves the issue (in case it's an issue relating to 9.9.1).

Josh

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

I've read someplace that if one make ctrl-right click on Topics, and choice Open, it's possible to open old files. That's true, they are opened and converted to topx.... with nothing inside. I've tried twice and the same thing happens again. Doing something wrrong?

Like Josh said, "I've tested it on 10.0.x and this works," And I also recommend you do so too.

If the problem still persists, then it means the file has been locked (password restricted), and so you will never be able to convert it either using e-Sword 10.04 or any e-Sword file conversion utility. I found that out yesterday when I tried to open a top file in e-Sword 10.04. That said, I found that opening an unrestricted top file in e-Sword 10x went without a hitch.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

I would not have a problem removing a password from a 8.x study note file, assuming it's that person's study notes. I wouldn't do that for copyrighted material but for someone's personal study notes, I would be glad to remove the password.

It would surprise me if his study notes were password protected, although that would account for the conversion failure.

Josh

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I would not have a problem removing a password from a 8.x study note file, assuming it's that person's study notes. I wouldn't do that for copyrighted material but for someone's personal study notes, I would be glad to remove the password.

It would surprise me if his study notes were password protected, although that would account for the conversion failure.

Hi Josh,
The only password protected 6x to 8x top files I have are those from e-Sword, but I don't need any converted. That said, when I tested the pwp (password protected) file, because of the age, I forgot it was one of Rick Meyers' pwp file, hence the failure. Then I tried one of the top files that I created and it went without a hitch.

So, I'm sorta thinking the problem that emilzalez has had was with one of Rick Meyer's 8x locked Topic Note files. Just a guess.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi

The problem might be that you cannot convert a file named "study.not", because there is already one file with that name, and it's in use.

You can rename the old file (something like old_study.not), convert it, then exit e-Sword and rename it "study.notx".

Carlos

#7 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for traying to help. I downloaded from somebody here, it's a Didache in Greek and English, and not a NOT file by TOP. If it's from here I don't think is passworded.

#8 Teetop

Teetop

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMedford, OR., 97501

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Is there anyway to load v8 to v10 of e-Sword?

I've tried to do this with several older Spurgeon modules done by Module Robot .

Even though I go through the process, they never show up in my e-Sword.

Any suggestions welcome, remembering, I'm computer illiterate.

Thanks.

Virgil

#9 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Is there anyway to load v8 to v10 of e-Sword?

I've tried to do this with several older Spurgeon modules done by Module Robot .

Even though I go through the process, they never show up in my e-Sword.

Any suggestions welcome, remembering, I'm computer illiterate.

Thanks.

Virgil

There is a converter that will convert from version 8 to version 9 this should also allow the modules to work in version 10

Here is the link to the converter download:

http://www.biblesupp...rd-9-converter/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users