Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Aramaic New Testament

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

did u check to make sure there was only one file using that tab name

if there are two or more files that use the same tab name eSword only reads one tab

Edited by DSaw, 25 January 2012 - 05:15 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#12 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

I am using this file (w 001 a) Peshitta.bblx) and I also just get a blank view (OS is Vista). However I dumped the file and removed this part of the header "\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fscript\fprq2\fcharset1 Estrangelo Edessa }}" from each verse and it works OK

Jon

Edited by JPG, 26 January 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#13 will brinson: ferguson

will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Texas

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

Does it work with out having to set the default font to Aramaic, or do you have to manually switch the fonts back and forth?

May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your Brother in Yehoshua The Anointed One.

will 

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

All settings stay at e-Sword default for Windows Vista, so I have not had to switch any fonts.

#15 Danny Jackson

Danny Jackson

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

That sounds like a lot of work.

#16 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I am using this file (w 001 a) Peshitta.bblx) and I also just get a blank view (OS is Vista). However I dumped the file and removed this part of the header "\rtf1\fbidis\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fscript\fprq2\fcharset1 Estrangelo Edessa }}" from each verse and it works OK

Jon

That's the issue then. e-Sword 10 can't have multiple headers in a module. By search/replacing that line in the database dump, that will make it compatible with e-Sword 10.

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

That's the issue then. e-Sword 10 can't have multiple headers in a module. By search/replacing that line in the database dump, that will make it compatible with e-Sword 10.

You could try reading the module into T4. And then recompiling the module. That might be easier than a massive search replace on the database.

#18 will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Jon

I have upgraded to the Newest version of e-Sword and the Peshitta module works just fine. I have not had to do anything to it. I never have to set the default font to the Aramaic font (Estrangelo Edessa) in the e-Sword program. I have the font set to Arial and the Peshitta works. It shows the Aramaic font just find. The problem has to be something else.

May,

will 

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have upgraded to the Newest version of e-Sword and the Peshitta module works just fine. I have not had to do anything to it. I never have to set the default font to the Aramaic font (Estrangelo Edessa) in the e-Sword program. I have the font set to Arial and the Peshitta works. It shows the Aramaic font just find. The problem has to be something else.

OK, so to close the issue you will need to look in the file you have that works ok and check if the above mentioned rtf code is there or not.

#20 will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

I do not know how to open it up to start with much less know what it says inside, I replaced the one that was posted, at the link below, with the one I am running. I changed the prefix so it would show in the order I prefer, other than that it should be the same as before. Y'all try it out and see what's up and let me know if it works or not for y'all.

http://www.biblesupp...36-peshitta-nt/

Edited by will brinson: ferguson, 02 February 2012 - 05:20 AM.

May,

will 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users