Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Aramaic New Testament

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 2guntom

2guntom

Uploader

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

--

#2 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

Any module creators think it would be worth while?

The text could be useful. "Could be", because the 1905 text that this translation is based upon is the closest thing to a critical edition that Aramaic has. However, half a dozen or more actual and alleged translations of the Aramaic have been published in the last decade. Some of them are fairly good translations of the Aramaic. Others are based upon wishful thinking.

The Interlinear translation would be the most useful for e-Sword, but that would probably require a royalty payment, which means that Phil has to distribute it.

Disclaimer: I am an Aramaic Supremacy advocate.

#3 will brinson: ferguson

will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Texas

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

I have the Text in PDF if some one wants to make it.

May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your Brother in Yehoshua The Anointed One.

will 

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

I have the Text in PDF if some one wants to make it.

Hi Yes send it to me Please

thanks Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 2guntom

2guntom

Uploader

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

--

#6 Danny Jackson

Danny Jackson

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Syriac New Testament (Unicode Version) won't work on my computer. I even have the font installed and it still won't work. All I get is a blank screen when I choose that Bible version on e-sword.

Edited by Danny Jackson, 24 January 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#7 will brinson: ferguson

will brinson: ferguson

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHuntsville Texas

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hi Danny.

Where is the Syriac NT found on this site? Is it the same as the Aramaic Peshitta?
If so go here for a corrected module of the Peshitta: http://www.biblesupp...36-peshitta-nt/ ( move the old one from the e-Sword folder and install this one)

Have you set the Default font in the e-Sword program to the Syriac font (Estrangelo Edessa)? Some foreign text will not show unless the default font is set to that particular font. Then when you switch back to the English modules you have to set the default font to something that can support English fonts.

In order to reset the default font within the e-Sword program click "Options" on the tool bar and then click on "Fonts...". Set the default font to "Syriac" (or what ever the name of the Syriac font is -i.e. - Estrangelo Edessa ) and then click "OK". This should [then] allow you to read the Syriac text, but most more than likely will cause a problem reading any other text. If so once through reading the Syriac module you will have to switch the default font back again (e.g. - Arial; times romans; etc...). If this is the case the PeshittA module had this problem for years and then Carlos fixed it to automatically read from the correct font instead of the default font (no matter what the default font is set to). This way it does not matter which font was set as the default as the module would always pickup from the correct font anyway. This is the best fix but I do not know how to do it myself. For the corrected Aramaic Peshitta module click the link posted above and replace the older on in your e-Sword program folder.

Edited by will brinson: ferguson, 25 January 2012 - 04:49 AM.

May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your Brother in Yehoshua The Anointed One.

will 

#8 Danny Jackson

Danny Jackson

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I tried that link and I set the default font, but it still doesn't work. Is there something I'm doing wrong with installing the font? The rest of the versions looked like Estrangello Edessa, but the Peshitta still is blank.

Edited by Danny Jackson, 25 January 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

II hope this helps

Attached Files

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#10 Danny Jackson

Danny Jackson

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Still blank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users