Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Making e-books available on the e-Sword PC app

2 replies to this topic

#1 BGR

BGR

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:11 PM

I am using e-Sword V13 on a Windows 11 PC. I have a number of bibles that are not available on e-Sword, plus commentaries, etc. These are mainly Kindle books. What file types does e-Sword accept? Using Calibre or other tools I may be able to convert my books to an acceptable file type. If my understanding is correct I would then need to copy them to the e-Sword sub-folder of the Program File (x86) folder - is that correct?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:13 PM

I am using e-Sword V13 on a Windows 11 PC. I have a number of bibles that are not available on e-Sword, plus commentaries, etc. These are mainly Kindle books. What file types does e-Sword accept? Using Calibre or other tools I may be able to convert my books to an acceptable file type. If my understanding is correct I would then need to copy them to the e-Sword sub-folder of the Program File (x86) folder - is that correct?

Creating content for e-Sword modules require the use of e-Sword's module creation tool called e-Sword Tooltip NT. 

e-Sword uses module file types are as follows:

Android/Apple/MAC/

Bible (bbli)
Commentary (cmti)
Dictionary (dcti)
Bible Reading Plan (brpi).
Devotional (devi)
Reference Library (refi)
Topic File (topi)
Lexicon (lexi)

Note the above file types can also be used with the Windows versions of e-Sword starting with e-Sword 11

e-Sword versions 9 and up for Windows

Bible (bblx)
Commentary (cmtx)
Dictionary (dctx)
Bible Reading Plan (brpx)
Devotional (devx)
Topic (topx)
Harmony File (harx)
Maps/Graphics (mapx)

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 March 2023 - 09:43 AM

Hello BGR, I suggest that you contact the publishers of all of the Bibles and Commentaries, and ask their permission to provide their copyrighted text, and footnotes, and comments, and their preface, and Bible introductions, book introductions, and chapter introductions, so that it will be available to readers without purchasing it from their book dealerships. They may already have other formats available, or have the expertize and computer experts who would be able to convert their copyright material into e-Sword format quite quickly, by using resources on their powerful mainframe computers.

When I have contacted publishers of historical books in the past, they declined the offer to make their product available to the world in e-Sword format, explaining that these books were their main source of income, and they want to retain exclusive control of sales, printing, publishing, and distribution of their books, worldwide.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users