Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Total KJV Occurrences

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joem7890

joem7890

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 10:35 PM

Hi. I believe this has been asked in the past. But when clicking on a Strong's number, it of course shows the Total KJV occurrences in the Strong tab. But you can't click on it. So we have to actually right clikc on the number and do a search in a separate unlinked window. I notice my Android e-sword actually allows me to click on the occurrences message and see the verse links. Is there any plans to add this to the Windows program? Thanks.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 03:42 AM

You need to ask this question to the developer. https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#3 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2023 - 04:43 AM

Hi. I believe this has been asked in the past. But when clicking on a Strong's number, it of course shows the Total KJV occurrences in the Strong tab. But you can't click on it. So we have to actually right clikc on the number and do a search in a separate unlinked window. I notice my Android e-sword actually allows me to click on the occurrences message and see the verse links. Is there any plans to add this to the Windows program? Thanks.

Looking at its current level of intuitiveness, eSword for Android is in an Alpha stage. I'm amazed they asked users to pay for it. At the moment it's a very limited database with no option to perform thorough cross referenced searches. If you have a collection of dictionaries, you have to use them one at a time, not the way a properly designed database works. You might as well open several pdf's in Xodo or Google Play Books and just compare the tabbed references as it's much more intuitive and cleaner.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the developer is a one-man band, as he continues to make all the same elemental mistakes. If he wants to bring eSword out of the 90's and into the 20's, he needs to ask for help.

(*Edited to correct typo in "Google Play Books")

Edited by BigPaw, 03 February 2023 - 04:45 AM.

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 04:59 AM

Looking at its current level of intuitiveness, eSword for Android is in an Alpha stage. I'm amazed they asked users to pay for it. At the moment it's a very limited database with no option to perform thorough cross referenced searches. If you have a collection of dictionaries, you have to use them one at a time, not the way a properly designed database works. You might as well open several pdf's in Xodo or Google Play Books and just compare the tabbed references as it's much more intuitive and cleaner.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the developer is a one-man band, as he continues to make all the same elemental mistakes. If he wants to bring eSword out of the 90's and into the 20's, he needs to ask for help.

(*Edited to correct typo in "Google Play Books")

Have you tried to contact the developer on the link I provided.

#5 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2023 - 05:21 AM

Yes, but regrettably he doesn't listen.

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:01 AM

What you need to have installed is the King James Concordance module. This module displays all of the occurances found in the KJV with each reference tooltipped to display in pop up windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users