Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

transfer of mysword modules to e-sword

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jerrystef

jerrystef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 03:05 AM

I noticed that some modules from the mysword application work on the PC version of s-sword, and some do not. Please let me know what I should do to make them work properly. Sometimes they show up in the list of modules but unfortunately you can't see their contents. Is it possible to perform such a transfer and how to do it?

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:32 AM

I noticed that some modules from the mysword application work on the PC version of s-sword, and some do not. Please let me know what I should do to make them work properly. Sometimes they show up in the list of modules but unfortunately you can't see their contents. Is it possible to perform such a transfer and how to do it?

Basically, usually third party e-Sword resources could work on MySword by simply changing the file extension, e.g., e-Sword's cab.bblx to MySword's cab.bbl.mybible.  But this was just limited to third party, and illegal copies of e.g., the NASB and etc. Therefore, the amount of resources one could have for MySword from e-Sword was/is quite limited.

Now, when it comes to "converting" MySword resources to e-Sword, as far as I am aware, there isn't a tool available to make that work. That said, in reality it isn't necessary for one to change MySword resources to work on e-Sword simply because they are already available for e-Sword. You see, e-Sword has been around a lot longer than MySword, and so already had the resources available for it. MySword doesn't have unique or exclusive resources that e-Sword doesn't have. It's usually the other way around - e-Sword has unique or exclusive resources that MySword doesn't have.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 23 January 2023 - 06:39 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 jerrystef

jerrystef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:55 AM

Basically, usually third party e-Sword resources could work on MySword by simply changing the file extension, e.g., e-Sword's cab.bblx to MySword's cab.bbl.mybible.  But this was just limited to third party, and illegal copies of e.g., the NASB and etc. Therefore, the amount of resources one could have for MySword from e-Sword was/is quite limited.

Now, when it comes to "converting" MySword resources to e-Sword, as far as I am aware, there isn't a tool available to make that work. That said, in reality it isn't necessary for one to change MySword resources to work on e-Sword simply because they are already available for e-Sword. You see, e-Sword has been around a lot longer than MySword, and so already had the resources available for it. MySword doesn't have unique or exclusive resources that e-Sword doesn't have. It's usually the other way around - e-Sword has unique or exclusive resources that MySword doesn't have.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Thank you for the information. The reason I'm asking about the possibility of transferring from mysword to e-sword is that I have a Polish translation of one English-language comment, which is just not available in Polish for e-sword. Therefore, I am looking for a solution to this fact.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 07:29 AM

Thank you for the information. The reason I'm asking about the possibility of transferring from mysword to e-sword is that I have a Polish translation of one English-language comment, which is just not available in Polish for e-sword. Therefore, I am looking for a solution to this fact.

Now, I don't know if this will work, try changing the extension of the file name from cmt.mybible to cmtx, and see what happens.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:18 PM

There is a small program called Simple Bible Reader that can convert modules from MySword to e-Sword very quickly

https://trumpet-call...plebiblereader/

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 03:17 PM

There is a small program called Simple Bible Reader that can convert modules from MySword to e-Sword very quickly

https://trumpet-call...plebiblereader/

Hi Higgsy,

I went to the Simple Bible Reader website and checked out their documentation of  what could be converted to e-Sword's format. Now, unless I'm as blind as a Bat, or need new glasses, of which it could be either one of those (blind as a bat, need new glasses :blink:), I couldn't see or find anything about converting resources from MySword to e-Sword.

Now, I realize I could be wrong, and could have missed that bit about converting MySword resources to e-Sword format. Converting from e-Sword to other formats, including MySword, there's an abundance of that data. But the other way around, nah! Just ain't there going by what I could see. You know, blind as a bat or need new glasses thingy. :D

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Hey! By the way, anyone seen a Bat wearing glasses???
ROFL.gif

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:03 PM

Hi Higgsy,

I went to the Simple Bible Reader website and checked out their documentation of  what could be converted to e-Sword's format. Now, unless I'm as blind as a Bat, or need new glasses, of which it could be either one of those (blind as a bat, need new glasses :blink:), I couldn't see or find anything about converting resources from MySword to e-Sword.

Now, I realize I could be wrong, and could have missed that bit about converting MySword resources to e-Sword format. Converting from e-Sword to other formats, including MySword, there's an abundance of that data. But the other way around, nah! Just ain't there going by what I could see. You know, blind as a bat or need new glasses thingy. :D

Blessings,

Hey! By the way, anyone seen a Bat wearing glasses???

Here is the list of module types that Simple BIble Reader can convert:

Supported formats:

• Bibles – Zefania XML Bibles, The Unbound Bible (Unmapped-BCV, Mapped-BCVS, Unmapped-BCVS), Open Scripture Information Standard (OSIS), General Bible Format (GBF), XML Scripture Encoding Model (XSEM), The Word Bible Modules (ONT, ONTX, OT, OTX, NT and NTX)2, e-Sword Bible Modules (BBL, BBLX, BBLI), Unified Scripture Format XML (USFX), The SWORD Project1 , Verse Per Line (VPL), Go Bible, Theological Markup Language (ThML), Open Song Bibles (XMM, OpenLP.org Bibles, Bible Companion (BIB), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BIB), EasySlides (MDB), MP3 Bibles, LOGOS Import (DOCX), Online Bibles, PalmBible+, HeavenWorld Bibles for Windows 8, VerseVIEW, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Commentaries – XML Format, SWORD Commentary Modules (ZIP), The Word (cmt.twm), e-Sword 8.x (CMT), e-Sword 9.x and above (CMTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (CMT), OnlineBible Commentaries, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Dictionaries – Zefania Dictionary Format (XML), SWORD Dictionary Modules (ZIP), The Word (dct.twm), e-Sword 8.x (DCT), e-Sword 9.x and above (DCTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (DCT), OnlineBible Dictionaries, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Books/topics – XML Format (XML), The Word (gbk.twm), e-Sword 8.x (TOP), e-Sword 9.x and above (TOPX/REFX)3, SWORD Book Modules (ZIP), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BK), STEP Modules, Online Books, SwordSearcher

As you can see, Simple Bible Reader can convert MySword Bibles. Commentaries, Dictionaries, and Books or Topics.
The program can convert modules to and from all of the above formats with support for more module types in the works

Edited by Tj Higgins, 23 January 2023 - 09:10 PM.

#8 jerrystef

jerrystef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 10:37 AM

Supported formats:

• Bibles – Zefania XML Bibles, The Unbound Bible (Unmapped-BCV, Mapped-BCVS, Unmapped-BCVS), Open Scripture Information Standard (OSIS), General Bible Format (GBF), XML Scripture Encoding Model (XSEM), The Word Bible Modules (ONT, ONTX, OT, OTX, NT and NTX)2, e-Sword Bible Modules (BBL, BBLX, BBLI), Unified Scripture Format XML (USFX), The SWORD Project1 , Verse Per Line (VPL), Go Bible, Theological Markup Language (ThML), Open Song Bibles (XMM, OpenLP.org Bibles, Bible Companion (BIB), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BIB), EasySlides (MDB), MP3 Bibles, LOGOS Import (DOCX), Online Bibles, PalmBible+, HeavenWorld Bibles for Windows 8, VerseVIEW, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Commentaries – XML Format, SWORD Commentary Modules (ZIP), The Word (cmt.twm), e-Sword 8.x (CMT), e-Sword 9.x and above (CMTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (CMT), OnlineBible Commentaries, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Dictionaries – Zefania Dictionary Format (XML), SWORD Dictionary Modules (ZIP), The Word (dct.twm), e-Sword 8.x (DCT), e-Sword 9.x and above (DCTX), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (DCT), OnlineBible Dictionaries, MyBible, SwordSearcher.
  • Books/topics – XML Format (XML), The Word (gbk.twm), e-Sword 8.x (TOP), e-Sword 9.x and above (TOPX/REFX)3, SWORD Book Modules (ZIP), MySword for Android, Bible Analyzer (BK), STEP Modules, Online Books, SwordSearcher

As you can see, Simple Bible Reader can convert MySword Bibles. Commentaries, Dictionaries, and Books or Topics.
The program can convert modules to and from all of the above formats with support for more module types in the works

Thank you very much for the useful information. Indeed this program has done the conversion and the files are seen by 3-sword. Kind regards and thanks again for the information.

Jarek

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:00 PM

Supported formats:

Hi Higgsy,

Yeah, I'm well aware of what file types SBR supports, but what the thing I've tried to find on their site is what converts to what. And its this conversion documentation that isn't actually there. You see, all of those file types that are supported, they can opened in SBR and read. But as to what can actually be converted to what, that information isn't there. As I said in my initial response:

Converting from e-Sword to other formats, including MySword, there's an abundance of that data. But the other way around, nah! Just ain't there going by what I could see.

That's the issue that's been bugging me when I read your reply. See, its the other way around thingy.

I guess that my peeve are the claims made about SBR with no evidence to support those claims. There is no documentation of how to convert and what can be converted to what

Me thinks I just might have to download SBR (Simple Bible Reader) and have a play around with it, and hack into the code (if its written in C#) and see which way things work.

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:19 PM

Hi Higgsy,

Yeah, I'm well aware of what file types SBR supports, but what the thing I've tried to find on their site is what converts to what. And its this conversion documentation that isn't actually there. You see, all of those file types that are supported, they can opened in SBR and read. But as to what can actually be converted to what, that information isn't there. As I said in my initial response:

That's the issue that's been bugging me when I read your reply. See, its the other way around thingy.

I guess that my peeve are the claims made about SBR with no evidence to support those claims. There is no documentation of how to convert and what can be converted to what

Me thinks I just might have to download SBR (Simple Bible Reader) and have a play around with it, and hack into the code (if its written in C#) and see which way things work.

Everthing can be converted between the formats listed for each module type listed. You can convert all of the listed formats to each other as the program can read and convert all of the different module formats in the lists I posted. 

You simply select which bible, dictionary, commentary or book file you want to open in the program such as for example an e-Sword bible module bblx file. The program will open the module then you select which format from the list of bible module formats that you want to convert to then click export to convert the module.  

I have used this program many times to convert modules for e-Sword use and visa versa

Edited by Tj Higgins, 24 January 2023 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users