Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Original display format without resetting defaults

2 replies to this topic

#1 storman

storman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 07:07 AM

Is their a way to get back to the original display format without reset to default.

When I pull the screens out and want to go back to original display format. 

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 December 2022 - 07:41 AM

Try to press the Ctrl key on the keyboard, and then the minus or plus key on the keypad. This may help to change the way that the display is expamded or contracted on your screen.

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 June 2023 - 05:53 PM

I submitted a query to Rick Meyers, asking about saving the arrangement of e-Sword views on the screen. My query related to e-Sword Version 12.2.0 on e-Sword for the PC. 

This query is just to confirm that, when rearranging the views on the e-Sword for the PC workspace, the relative position of the movable views as selected by the user, will only be saved for the current session.

Is the same situation applicable for use in the other versions of e-Sword also?

Is there an option to save the view in a file somewhere in the User Files Location folder, and if so, what would that filename be, and how would it be reaccessed for the following e-Sword session?

I expect that you intend that the user could make a screenprint of his e-Sword setup, which he could save in his [Physical] Bible Study note folder, to be able to refer to for the following session of his e-Sword project.

I expect that the view needs to be reselected when e-Sword is run again. This point is not mentioned in the training demonstration in the "Training" tab.

This detail is not mentioned in the e-Sword user_guide.pdf published after the release of e-Sword version 10.4 for the PC in 2014.

Rick Meyers replied: The screen layout should always be saved.  If it is not, then that means the Windows user account does not have the required permissions to write to the Windows Registry where this information is stored.  This is often the case with a "guest" account in Windows.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users