Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Greek tense of words & verbs

22 replies to this topic

#11 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 27 October 2022 - 09:12 AM

Thanks, Katoog, & it worked OK!

Edited by Brian Mallalieu, 27 October 2022 - 09:12 AM.

#12 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 04 November 2022 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, Katoog, and installed Greek files OK & seems to working OK.  When I use Stephen's IGNT version I just have to shrink the font size down to minimum to get most of the boxes in the window, without having to re format the other windows, since there is no bottom text slider in esword to move across!

Regarding the Hebrew ETCBC I have downloaded 11 files from BS but not yet installed them, just needing some advice before doing so please:

1. Is there an order in which the files should be installed?

2. I saw reference in BS to an installer, but didn't see one included, so do I need it & from where (& whose)?

3. Do I also need the Marvel app for these BS files in esword under W10 on my laptop?

4. I gather that I install the SIL Ezra font into W10 (not into the esword folder?) & it will then show up in esword -- correct?

5. Do I just copy all the 11 files + into the esword folder?

Thanks for your patience & help,

Brian

Edited by Brian Mallalieu, 04 November 2022 - 07:08 AM.

#13 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 07:55 AM

1. No, I have more than 100 Bible modules in my e-Sword map and if you want to change the order of the Bibles then need you the change the name of the module.
I use the prefix 001__ for the first Bibles.

2. If there is a zip file and an install file need you only one file: I should only download the zip because it is easier for me.
Install modules may have trouble with the reputation in virus-scanners and are only for PC users.

3. No, the Marvel app is another electronic Bible program.

4. Good, e-Sword used the Windows Fonts and there is no need of font files in the e-Sword map.

5.  Yes, and unzipped.

Hebrew ETCBC is a Commentary so you need to look in the Commentary window instead of the Bible window.

Edited by Katoog, 04 November 2022 - 08:00 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#14 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 05 November 2022 - 07:03 AM

Thanks, Katoog, for your prompt reply. 

1. I think you misunderstood my initial para. about Stephen's IGNT screen display which is a table of details & it is just that tab display that I have to shrink down to the smallest font to get as much of it as possible in the Bible screen display & which has no ability to use a slider to take the cursor to the remaining parts which are off-screen?

2. These are all the downloadable files for the Hebrew Lexicon program I was referring to, and you can see that there are several zip files, but no apparent installer. So, do I need all of the Zips or just one, and if so which one (or more?) & in what order? Then, do I need all of the other files below (besides the Zips?), before copying all of what you nominate into the esword folder.  Then, presumably I unzip those files (or will esword do that?).  Will I then need to install any of the unzipped files or will esword do all that is necessary?

Thanks again for your patience. & best regards.

#15 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 05 November 2022 - 07:08 AM

Katoog, I omitted to include a query of whether any of Eliran Wong's guidance notes in this file: https://github.com/e...ilable-OFFLINE] will affect what I will be doing in my laptop W10 installation of the above files?

#16 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 08:00 AM

1) The HTM frames are not supported in the PC editions of e-Sword.
I have also trouble with it.

2) the png files are pictures as demo and you not need to download it.

BHS5.bbli=Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, Fifth Revised Edition (the last supported Hebrew Bible source).
BHS5i.bbli the same Bible with an interlinear and has also trouble with the "frames" in the PC version (I don't use it).
BHS5m.bbli: the same Bible with the linebreaks are based on "Hebrew Cantillation Marks" and some verb markings (this is not for a beginner).

ETCBC.cmti this the Commentary file that you need.
ETCBC.dcti a dictionary file with morphological info for all words BUT the word select is not good.

SECE+.lexi a Strong number based lexicon module

I recommend for you BHS5.bbli for a Bible module to compare with the other Hebrew sources,
ETCBC.cmti is the Commentary module the Bible and with the morphological info,
SECE+.lexi if you have the Strong's Number.

3)The UBA (Unique Bible App) is another electronic Bible program: Made for Android / iOS and his website(but offline for now).
And has nothing to do with e-Sword.

#17 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:25 AM

Thanks, Katoog, that is very helpful & kind.  Do I unzipped your recommendations first in my Downloads folder, and then just copy the files into the esword folder --- & esword will then do the rest?

#18 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:41 AM

Thanks, Katoog, that is very helpful & kind.  Do I unzipped your recommendations first in my Downloads folder, and then just copy the files into the esword folder --- & esword will then do the rest?

Yes

#19 Brian Mallalieu

Brian Mallalieu

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire, UK

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:08 PM

Thanks again, Katoog, and done. I noted that the three zip files each included a folder + a file. Was I supposed to first copy the folder & then install the file in the folder? Having closed esword, after transferring all the folders & files you recommended, and re-opened esword I can now see SECE+ has appeared in Dictionaries; and the ETCBC has appeared in commentaries; and BHS5 has appeared in Bibles.  Is that all that was meant to happen, or has something been missed?

Edited by Brian Mallalieu, 08 November 2022 - 06:09 PM.

#20 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 05:40 AM

Then should it work.

For the SECE+ module need you a Hebrew Strong's Number for example the KJV+ Bible that you have.

Double click on a Strong's number in the Old Testament of the KJV+

You see below the window Dictionary: H????* and every dictionary that support Strong's numbers have a blue info mark in the tab. Click on SECE+

Another way to select a Strong's number in SECE+ is click on the book icon under the Commentary tabs and you see a list with Strong's numbers and select a number.

But that take more memory: so it is not selected by default.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users