Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword X does not do what e-sword on pc can.

4 replies to this topic

#1 kaz

kaz

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 02:14 PM

On e-sword on pc, the study notes option allows you to have different modules. So what i did is kept study notes for most of my updates (have over 6,000 bible verses). I then created a Sermons module where i had over 700 bible entries with one or more sermons. I then created another module for articles or links to web pages. Again, the great thing about using these modules is that are all linked to bible verses!!

Sadly e-sword X for Mac does not allow for multiple  notes modules!

Spoke to Rick he mentioned using the topics for the sermons/articles.. but then I lose the linkage to bible verses. Wondered if anyone had any other ideas?

kaz

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 September 2022 - 02:37 PM

Wondered if anyone had any other ideas?

Yep. Install PC edition of e-Sword on your Mac using Crossover.

If you don't like that idea, then toss out your mac, and go back to your Windows PC. Uh-uh.gif

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 kaz

kaz

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:52 AM

APsit190 I use parallls desktop but as i am retiring i no longer need office tools and i find macair the best laptop ever. 

If you don't like that idea, then toss out your mac, and go back to your Windows PC.

If you don't like that idea, then toss out your mac, and go back to your Windows PC.

#4 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 September 2022 - 10:50 AM

In my experience, I find that the Mac and Windows versions of e-Sword both have their advantages and disadvantages. And it is a shame that the Mac version doesn't allow for more than one topic module in the editor. This is something you would have to bring up to Rick Meyers and suggest as a new feature. You can do so here: https://www.e-sword....mac/contact.htm

Now, as to linkage to your current verse, the topics editor doesn't do that. What you need to use is the Study editor, which is linked to your current verse. Likewise, the journal editor is linked to the current date.

The study editor is sort of like your personal commentary which you write on the current verse.

Hope this was helpful in any way.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 September 2022 - 04:01 PM

APsit190 I use parallls desktop but as i am retiring i no longer need office tools and i find macair the best laptop ever.

So?! You still can install and use Crossover to install e-Sword PC (Windows) on your macair or on any other Mac device. Fair Dinkum, mate.

As for macair or any other Apple device goes, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole.

One ex-Apple user said that they are over priced and over hyped pile of rubbish. And what made him say that, is when it came to repairs he would have to pay more for it than the original price of the product, and when push came to shove, Apple's advice was, "Buy a new one." The final analogy of this is that Apple just simply do not stand by their products or the warranty of their products.

Moreover, if you want to see just how much of a nightmare it can get to, see what happens when something minor needs to be fixed. The right to repair doesn't exist, and you're forced to send your device to Apple to get it fixed. And for that simple repair, when you see what it costs, be prepared for a heart attack. Add to that, you could be without your device for a minimum of (some have reported) a couple of months.

Edited by APsit190, 22 September 2022 - 04:26 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users