Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

e-sword LT URL SCHEME

13 replies to this topic

#11 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 August 2022 - 07:32 AM

I suggest you contact the developer directly. His email is on the App download page.

Just send this mail to Rick 

Hi Rick,

I would like to know what is the syntax to add link in my IOS app Notes to open e-sword with the right reference.

I tried e-sword://Matthew3:13 but didn’t work.

In IOS app ReadingPlan the template is biblegateway://bible/%@/ESV for BibleGateWay and e-sword://%@ for e-sword. And ReadingPlan manage to open e-sword with the right reference. So i think that i am missing Something.

Best regard.

Edited by gngon, 31 August 2022 - 12:25 PM.

#12 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 September 2022 - 01:49 AM

Just send this mail to Rick...

Just receive answer from Rick :

It should look like what is on the following web page: https://www.e-sword.net/biblerefs.html

e-sword://2Ti.1.7

e-sword://2Tim.2.15

e-sword://2Timothy.3.16-17

e-sword://2Timothy.4

e-sword://2Ti

e-sword://

That solve my issue.

God Bless!

#13 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 September 2022 - 03:04 AM

Great that you took the time to get an answer from Rick and post it here for future reference.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 September 2022 - 06:32 AM

I must say that I am getting quite sick and tired of your rants against Mac users. How many do you know personally? How do you know that they are "pretty much lazy," or that it is "beneath their dignity when it comes to creating tutorials and/or user guides (plus a heap of other content)"?

How many Windows users have created tutorials for e-Sword that are available on this website? Basically one, Josh Bond. Moreover, that user guide hasn't been updated for many years. Why? Because Josh Bond is "lazy"? No. Probably because he's too busy to do so.

How many Windows users have created utilities for creating or else editing e-Sword modules? Very few (one might agree only one: Brent Hildebrand). You'd think with the much larger pool of Windows users there should be more. Maybe they're all just "lazy."

Or maybe only very few are programmers who would be capable of such a complicated enterprise. Someone recently suggested on another thread that you should create a utility for creating e-Sword modules. You declined to do so. Are you "lazy"? I don't think so. I think it is a fairly large undertaking that would take a lot of time, energy, and effort. I'm certainly not going to jump to such a conclusion about your "laziness," not knowing you personally.

Anyway, you're wrong about nobody creating tutorials for iOS or Mac, because Olaf Bacon linked to a tutorial video about e-Sword LT on YouTube.

I'm a Mac user and I've tried to help people on this site as and when I'm able. Many times I don't answer a question that somebody has because I don't know the answer. But if I know the answer, or at least have a suggestion that I think is reasonable, I try to help. So I find your accusations against Mac users kind of offensive.

As per wanting Windows users to do all the work for them, I think you should consider that the e-Sword PC to Apple conversion utility is for Windows only. Rick Meyers never made a Mac version. Hence, a Mac user can't use that application. You have to have Windows to use it. Not every Mac user is going to have a spare PC around to be able to convert modules. And not every user is computer-savvy enough to set up a virtual machine, etc. In fact, I think that a great many users of e-Sword on all platforms are not very computer savvy. Does that make them bad people? Of course not.

I think your first suggestion is more probable: that there just aren't a lot of users of e-Sword on Mac or iOS who frequent these forums. There will be a ton of Windows users who never contribute either. That doesn't make them bad people. Also, e-Sword for Windows has been around a lot longer than e-Sword for the Mac or iOS, so naturally the Windows e-Sword community would be well-established.

I don't mean to be offensive myself, and maybe I'm coming on too strong here. I certainly don't mean to create any hard feelings. But I would say that you should consider Matthew 7:1, "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Sorry for going on so long, but I just had to get it off my chest. Thus endeth my own rant.

Believe it or not, but I do appreciate your response, but I do stand by what I shared.

e-Sword for iOS and a tad later for macOS has been around for a while, and from what I can gather there is quite a number of Apple device users on this site who use e-Sword in one form or another. That said, in the time that e-Sword has been made for Apple products, yet not one user has produced a utility (a program) similar to that us Windows use.

Now, with the amount of Apple devices users who use e-Sword, I would imagine that there are either amiture an/or professional software developers among you. So, if that is true, then I don't see the reason that they (whoever they are) don't develop programs/software/apps e.g., e-Sword Tab Renamer for macOS and your iOS devices, and have been given the impression (whether warranted or unwarranted you can judge) are just not interested, or plain lazy to do anything about it. Seriously!

So, if no one is willing to pull finger and do something about it over your side of the fence then I don't have any sympathy

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users