Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Unwanted Chapter Titles in Bible.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dlbeeson

dlbeeson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 07:42 PM

I usedTooltip to experiment making a Septuagint Greek Bible with no Strong's no anything, just straight Greek.

Here is the output.

"The Seventh Day, God Rests

Gen 2:1  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 
Gen 2:2  And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 
Gen 2:3  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. 
The Creation of Man and Woman
Gen 2:4  These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, "

The problem is, I did not put those headings there. "The Seventh Day God Rests." They are not in my module.  Obviously something is set to add them automatically.  But I can't find that in the ToolTip manual.
Help?  How can I get rid of these Titles/Headings?

Dan 

I'm just a rookie, so I hope this is in the correct place on the Forum.

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 August 2022 - 08:58 PM

Yes, Dan, you are in the right place.

It will depend on what OS you are using as to how you turn off these headings.

In Windows, go to the menu item Options>Display Settings... In the resulting dialog you will see a check box that says next to it "Bible Pericope." Uncheck that box and click OK. (This is in e-Sword 12.)

In macOS, go to the menu item e-Sword>Preferences... In the resulting dialog you will see check box that says next to it "Section Headings." Uncheck that box and click OK.

in iOS, tap on the top left icon on the screen (it looks like three parallel lines). From the list that pops up choose "Display Settings." There you will find a slider that says next to it "Section Headings." Yes, you guessed it, tap that slider so that it is no longer blue, and then tap "Done" at the top right of the screen.

I have no experience with the Android version of e-Sword, but I suspect that the procedure is similar to that in iOS. You'll probably easily figure it out.

Anyway, this should be enough info to deal with the problem of those pesky headings.  ;)

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 01:19 AM

For the Android version tap on the "Hamburger icon" top left, -> Display Settings -> Section headings button, set to off position.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 August 2022 - 11:21 PM

"Hamburger icon"

Now I know what that is called, pity you can't eat it. I love hamburgers.eating-hamburger-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by APsit190, 27 August 2022 - 11:29 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 September 2022 - 05:23 AM

On https://www.e-sword.net select LINKS, and then select the option for e-Sword for Android, then select the FAQ option,
and on https://www.e-sword.net select LINKS, and then select the option for e-Sword LT for the iPhone, then select the FAQ option.
Rick Meyers identifies that icon as the menu button. menu.png
That icon is accessible from https://www.e-sword....images/menu.png if you are interested.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 04 September 2022 - 04:01 AM.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 September 2022 - 04:57 PM

Seriously, APsit190, if you take the trouble to run across to the e-Sword source website, https://www.e-sword.net/ and select LINKS, and select the option for e-Sword for Android, then select the FAQ option, you will see clearly that on https://www.e-sword.net/android/faq.htm that here Rick Meyers identifies that icon as the menu button. menu.png

That is at https://www.e-sword....images/menu.png if you are interested.

An extremely serious suggestion:

Get yourself a life, and begin to have some fun in your oldish life. Moreover, there's a shop near you that sells packets of Sense of Humor. You should go and buy one.

LOL.gif ROFL.gif LOLY.gif
One more extremely serious suggestion:
Let your hair down (that's if you have any) and relax

God love ya heaps,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 01 September 2022 - 05:53 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 July 2023 - 09:08 AM

Query about how to toggle the option to display the Bible Pericope or Section Headings ON or OFF in Bibles in different versions of e-Sword.

I usedTooltip to experiment making a Septuagint Greek Bible with no Strong's no anything, just straight Greek.
Here is the output.
"The Seventh Day, God Rests
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
The Creation of Man and Woman
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, "

The problem is, I did not put those headings there. "The Seventh Day God Rests." They are not in my module. Obviously something is set to add them automatically. But I can't find that in the ToolTip manual.
Help? How can I get rid of these Titles/Headings?

Dan
I'm just a rookie, so I hope this is in the correct place on the Forum.

Thank you for your query, dlbeeson. I appreciate your query, and the answers provided by Bible Support members.

e-Sword version 11.0 released in July 2016 provided the Pericope feature which places section headings throughout the Bible. This is in English, irrespective to the language of the text that you are viewing.  
e-Sword version 12.2 provided the Options, Display Settings, to toggle ON and toggle OFF the Bible Pericope or Section Headings display options. This also provided for Daylight [pastal shade background], Lamplight [straw color background], Dimlight [greenish background color], Lowlight [white on black background], Red Letter [Words of Jesus changed to Red], display options. I will add these in the e-Sword User Guide Companion notes that I am compiling about the new options provided in the different versions of e-Sword. When I have worked my way through the existing e-Sword User's Guide which was written by a user of e-Sword for the PC, I will provide a copy for Josh Bond to edit, and he can then send this for further editing by Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword.
I do not understand why the users of Apple devices, such as those who use e-Sword on the Mac, or on the iPad, or on the iPhone, have not produced a useful e-Sword User's Guide for their devices. Have they forgotten how to write documents, and expect artificial Intelligence to answer their questions? Surely they could volunteer answers to these questions asked by new users.

The touch screen varieties of e-Sword have required new icons, such as the Menu icon, to have been used by Rick Meyers, to cater for additional options that had been requested in various types of e-Sword which he has developed for computer devices that make use of touch-screen displays. The Menu Key on the Microsoft keyboard is located to the right of the space bar, between the Windows Key and the place where the Right Ctrl Key ought to be, and provides similar options to right-click of the mouse or right-click on the mousepad.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 19 July 2023 - 01:47 AM.

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 10:39 AM

Rick's observation for the Apple versions are as follows :-

e-Sword LT is so easy to use you may never need to tap on the Tutorial!

e-Sword X is so easy to use you may never need to click on the Help menu!

e-Sword HD is so easy to use you may never need to tap on the Help button!

#9 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 03 October 2023 - 06:55 AM

Query to Rick Meyers, developer of e-Sword HD for the iPad. 
QUERY: On the e-Sword HD for the iPad, what selection should the user use to discover the meaning of each of the icons that are provided on the various screens? Is there a Help page which can be accessed where these are listed and clearly explained? 

ANSWER from Rick Meyers: 

Tap the "menu" button [3 horizontal lines like a hamburger] in e-Sword HD,
then tap the "Tutorial" menu item. Additionally, there is a "Help" button,

[Question mark in white on black circle] on the top toolbar for the Editor

and Resources views with specific help for those views. 

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 03 October 2023 - 07:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users