Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Installing e-Sword for Android on a Kindle Fire

1 reply to this topic

#1 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 11:32 AM

POPULAR

I was recently gifted a Kindle Fire 8 tablet and the first thing I wanted to put on it was e-Sword for Android. However I was more then a little surprise to learn that Amazon does not allow Google Play Apps on the Kindle Fire. So I did a little a research and found that is actually possible to access and install apps from Google Play store by taking a few steps and making four quick downloads of apk files to install Google Play on a Kindle.

The information and downloadable files can obtain from a site called How To Geek however here are the required steps:

1. Open the “Settings” app from the “Home” tab on the home screen of the Kindle tablet

2. Go to “Security & Privacy.” on the Settings menu

3. Select “Apps From Unknown Sources". from the “Security & Privacy. menu

4. Find “Silk Browser” on the “Apps From Unknown Sources" screen and then toggle on “Allow From This Source.” This is what will allow you apps from Google Play Store

5 You will need to know which specific model and generation of Kindle Fire your have for the downloads

6. Download the following Apk files to your Kindle Fire:

Google Account Manager apk

Google Services Framework apk

Google Play Services apk

Google Play Store apk

These files will download in to the Files folder on your Kindle Fire

7 Once you have downloaded the apk files return to your KIndle Fire's home screen and open the files folder
8 install the APK files in the following order:

1. com.google.android.gsf.login
  2. com.google.android.gsf
  3. com.google.android.gms
  4. com.android.vending

The names of the downloaded files will be longer on the Kindle Fire

9 After completing installation of the apk files, reboot the tablet 

10 Once the Kindle Fire finishes rebooting you will see a new icon for Google Play Store

11 Tap the Google Play icon and sign into Google Play using your Google Account

12 You will now be able to install Apps from Google Play on your Kindle Fire including e-Sword for Android.

If you have already installed e-Sword for Android on another device you will NOT need to repurchase e-Sword for Android.

I did the above steps on my new Kindle Fire and now I can use e-Sword for Android on it with both excellent screen size and video quality. 

https://www.howtogee...on-fire-tablet/

Edited by Tj Higgins, 29 July 2022 - 11:34 AM.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 July 2022 - 01:48 AM

I was recently gifted a Kindle Fire 8 tablet and the first thing I wanted to put on it was e-Sword for Android. However I was more then a little surprise to learn that Amazon does not allow Google Play Apps on the Kindle Fire. So I did a little a research and found that is actually possible to access and install apps from Google Play store by taking a few steps and making four quick downloads of apk files to install Google Play on a Kindle.

The information and downloadable files can obtain from a site called How To Geek however here are the required steps:

1. Open the “Settings” app from the “Home” tab on the home screen of the Kindle tablet

2. Go to “Security & Privacy.” on the Settings menu

3. Select “Apps From Unknown Sources". from the “Security & Privacy. menu

4. Find “Silk Browser” on the “Apps From Unknown Sources" screen and then toggle on “Allow From This Source.” This is what will allow you apps from Google Play Store

5 You will need to know which specific model and generation of Kindle Fire your have for the downloads

6. Download the following Apk files to your Kindle Fire:

Google Account Manager apk

Google Services Framework apk

Google Play Services apk

Google Play Store apk

These files will download in to the Files folder on your Kindle Fire

7 Once you have downloaded the apk files return to your KIndle Fire's home screen and open the files folder
8 install the APK files in the following order:

1. com.google.android.gsf.login
  2. com.google.android.gsf
  3. com.google.android.gms
  4. com.android.vending

The names of the downloaded files will be longer on the Kindle Fire

9 After completing installation of the apk files, reboot the tablet 

10 Once the Kindle Fire finishes rebooting you will see a new icon for Google Play Store

11 Tap the Google Play icon and sign into Google Play using your Google Account

12 You will now be able to install Apps from Google Play on your Kindle Fire including e-Sword for Android.

If you have already installed e-Sword for Android on another device you will NOT need to repurchase e-Sword for Android.

I did the above steps on my new Kindle Fire and now I can use e-Sword for Android on it with both excellent screen size and video quality. 

https://www.howtogee...on-fire-tablet/

As a result of seeing this post, I thought its way to important just leave it as that... A post which can be forgotten. So I created your instructions as a pdf file, and will upload on on here so it can be downloaded for anyone who may need it.

So, thanks for your work in finding out how to go about doing it.

Gotta admit that you are a real blessing at times, and you come in as a very handy person to have around :D

Cheers mate, and Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users