Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-sword : How to add a link in a strong module to open all verses with a strong number ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 July 2022 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

I am creating lexicon strongfr.lexi module in french.

Here is what i can see onmy iPhone for G1689 for example :

G1689 (Strong)
ἐμβλέπω
emblepō
em-blep'-o
From G1722 and G991; to look on, that is, (relatively) to observe fixedly, or (absolutely) to discern clearly: - behold, gaze up, look upon, (could) see.
Total KJV occurrences: 12

And when i click on "Total KJV occurrences :12" i got the list of verses with that strong number.

I want to add such a link in each detail window of my module but i don't now the syntax to do it.

I find this to be a handy function, faster than copying the number, getting out of the dictionary, pasting it into the search screen etc.

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:21 AM

All I can see when I look at the module using DB Browser for SQLite is the following:

<p><b>Total KJV occurrences: 12</b></p>

In other words, there is no special link (the "p" tag just marks a paragraph, and the "b" tag marks bold text), which leads me to conclude that the search function is programmed right into e-Sword (by the way, I didn't know that that was a link that performed a search, so thanks for the tip! It works on the Mac as well as on the iPhone).

The only suggestion I can think of would be to add this same or similar text to the end of each entry in your lexicon module. e-Sword may automatically make it a link that will work in the same way as the Strong's module. Try it on an entry or two and see if it works.

Best of luck.

P. S. — I would also mention another way you can see all instances of a particular Greek or Hebrew word in the Bible, and that is to use the KJC (King James Concordance) lexicon which can be downloaded right within e-Sword. If, say, you have looked up G1689, then if you go to this lexicon, it will show you a list of every verse which contains that word. And if you are using the popup (which I think you are) you can have this lexicon show up right under Strong's or before it or whatever you like. You might find this approach useful as well.

Edited by modulist, 19 July 2022 - 11:31 AM.

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:20 PM

All I can see when I look at the module using DB Browser for SQLite is the following:

<p><b>Total KJV occurrences: 12</b></p>

In other words, there is no special link (the "p" tag just marks a paragraph, and the "b" tag marks bold text), which leads me to conclude that the search function is programmed right into e-Sword (by the way, I didn't know that that was a link that performed a search, so thanks for the tip! It works on the Mac as well as on the iPhone).

The only suggestion I can think of would be to add this same or similar text to the end of each entry in your lexicon module. e-Sword may automatically make it a link that will work in the same way as the Strong's module. Try it on an entry or two and see if it works.

Best of luck.

P. S. — I would also mention another way you can see all instances of a particular Greek or Hebrew word in the Bible, and that is to use the KJC (King James Concordance) lexicon which can be downloaded right within e-Sword. If, say, you have looked up G1689, then if you go to this lexicon, it will show you a list of every verse which contains that word. And if you are using the popup (which I think you are) you can have this lexicon show up right under Strong's or before it or whatever you like. You might find this approach useful as well.

The link seems to be function of e-Sword for Android not the Windows version of the strongs module

#4 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:28 PM

The link seems to be function of e-Sword for Android not the Windows version of the strongs module

Yes, you're right about it not being function of the Windows version, but it does work in all other versions (macOS, iOS, and apparently Android too). The module that I was looking at with DB Browser was on the Mac, downloaded through e-Sword X, which is where I found the code above. That is why I think it's a function, not of the module, but something programmed into e-Sword itself.

#5 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 July 2022 - 03:28 PM

Thank you for your directions.

What is curious is that the KJC module has the same line as the strong module and yet this line is not clickable.

Indeed I added the same line and it is not clickable either.

Why this line becomes clickable in the strong module and not in the others?

That is the question.

#6 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 July 2022 - 03:47 AM

Hello,

After multiple unsuccessful attempts, I managed to tell myself that the line <p><b>Total KJV occurrences: 12</b></p> was only taken into account for the strong module delivered with e-sword.

To confirm this, I just did a test: I deleted the strong module, then I renamed mine to the name "Strong", and the link started to work.

However, it only works for the KJV+ bible and not for mine which is LSG+. The syntax <p><b>Total LSG occurrences: 12</b></p> does not work.

So i think this is a hard-coded line in e-sword for the strong module named "Strong".

Maybe the developers of e-sword could use this hardcode feature to allow everyone to insert this line with the strong bible of their choice ?

Edited by gngon, 20 July 2022 - 03:49 AM.

#7 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 July 2022 - 09:35 AM

Maybe the developers of e-sword could use this hardcode feature to allow everyone to insert this line with the strong bible of their choice ?

If you would like to contact the developer of e-Sword to make this suggestion, you can do so here:

https://www.e-sword....mac/contact.htm

#8 gngon

gngon

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 July 2022 - 10:08 AM

If you would like to contact the developer of e-Sword to make this suggestion, you can do so here:

https://www.e-sword....mac/contact.htm

Done !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users