Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Pro - An Idea

19 replies to this topic

#11 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:35 PM

Yes but will tooltip be incompatible to design modules for the new system?

#12 Texoma

Texoma

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 11:03 AM

I have several Bible software programs including Logos/Faithlife. While I do use those when I'm really digging for information, E-Sword is my go to choice most of the time. Depending on the price, i suspect more robust software will ultimately appeal to a small percentage of users. Except as a means of raising funds to make it possible to continue your ministry, My opinion is that the time and expense probably isn't worth it. Many good ministries have failed when they moved beyond what they started out to do, and I would hate to see that happen here.

#13 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:41 PM

Yes but will tooltip be incompatible to design modules for the new system?

That will only happen if Rick Meyers scraps the current module file formats for an entirely new file system

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

That will only happen if Rick Meyers scraps the current module file formats for an entirely new file system

A few years ago I remember that as a result of the Text Control being updated in e-Sword, for some reason or another resources that were created in the older Text Control used by T4, those resources weren't compatible in that newer version of e-Sword, and Brent had to hurriedly update the Text Control in T4.

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 07:17 PM

There are some newer esword modules that i can't open on mysword or convert.
I fear as we get farther from the basic format, universality will diminish

Edited by gad4, 30 June 2022 - 07:18 PM.

#16 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 June 2022 - 08:58 PM

The reason that you cannot open e-Sword resources of any type on MySword is because they are totally different programs made by totally different people. e-Sword is made by Rick Meyers in the USA, as where MySword is made by some bloke in Singapore.

That said, my suggestion is that if you want to be able to use e-Sword resources, then I suggest for iOS devices, e-Sword LT for iPhone and/or e-Sword HT for iPad. For macOS devices, e-Sword X, and for Android, e-Sword Android. All these devices use the same file extensions (bbli, cmti, devi, dcti and etc).

As for those you can't convert, they are locked files made by Rick Meyers. The only ones you are able to convert are the 3rd party files made by e-Sword users.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 02:41 AM

The reason that you cannot open e-Sword resources of any type on MySword is because they are totally different programs made by totally different people. e-Sword is made by Rick Meyers in the USA, as where MySword is made by some bloke in Singapore.

That said, my suggestion is that if you want to be able to use e-Sword resources, then I suggest for iOS devices, e-Sword LT for iPhone and/or e-Sword HT for iPad. For macOS devices, e-Sword X, and for Android, e-Sword Android. All these devices use the same file extensions (bbli, cmti, devi, dcti and etc).

As for those you can't convert, they are locked files made by Rick Meyers. The only ones you are able to convert are the 3rd party files made by e-Sword users.

Trust you find this information helpful.

Blessings,

Things changed a while back. Now MySword can use resources from various other programs including e-Sword, as long as they are not encrypted.

https://www.mysword....d-11-1-released

#18 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:15 AM

If they are official or encrypted modules for e-Sword they are not compatible with MySword. 

To convert modules you should use a program called Simple Bible Reader

#19 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:20 PM

If they are official or encrypted modules for e-Sword they are not compatible with MySword.
To convert modules you should use a program called Simple Bible Reader

This could be the concern if modules are generated in esword

I could try again. But i didn't have success in past converting a couple new format modules

Edited by gad4, 01 July 2022 - 08:22 PM.

#20 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 09:18 AM

This could be the concern if modules are generated in esword

I could try again. But i didn't have success in past converting a couple new format modules

Where did you download the modules from?

If you downloaded from within e-Sword itself those are licensed and encrypted modules that cannot be accessed for editing purposes

However, SImple Bible Reader can read and convert most modules even encrypted modules unless the modules are in the Apple/Mac/Android format, which Simple Bible Reader cannot read

Edited by Tj Higgins, 02 July 2022 - 09:19 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users