Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

WEB Bible Update

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 04:40 PM

So.... is there a new webbe2020.bbli that is fixed?

#12 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 05:58 PM

What are the correct tags? Once I have those I can fix the module

#13 Eagertohear

Eagertohear

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:20 PM

Here is what I read on the EBible.org site,
"The most frequently asked question is when the whole World English Bible will be done, stable, and put into print in various formats. Yes, it is finally done. At least we think it is. We have stopped doing any language updates. We will still correct obvious typos or serious problems, but other than that, the text is frozen for stability."

Also, on that site I see the Words, "2020 stable text edition" when looking at the WEBBE page. It is near the bottom of the page.

#14 Eagertohear

Eagertohear

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 09:20 PM

Thank you so much for doing this!

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:15 AM

The tags possibly used are noted here along with their meaning. However I would use the VPL file in the BibleWorks version https://ebible.org/S...gwebpb_vpl.zip, because it is all ready to paste to T4 for a quick simple verse per line build. Hmm looks like versification is different with 'extra' verses at end of Romans 14... Although the other official built ones simply follow that versification.

the usfm file has Strong's number...interesting.

Tag info from MySword

https://www.mysword..../modules-format

Bible Tags
The tags are General Bible Format (GBF) tags patterned after The Word and slightly modified in some areas. Tags are enclosed between < and >. Generally, block tags (with begin and end) where the starting tag is all caps while the ending tag has lower case letters after the upper case first (e.g. <TS> for start and <Ts> for end). Here is the list:

<CM>- paragraph end marker
Do not use an HTML paragraph tag (<p>...</p>) as it is already automatically used by MySword for each verse in non-paragraph mode so the output will be very ugly.
<FI>...<Fi> - Italicized words (added words)
<FO>...<Fo>- OT quote
currently not formatted by MySword but is rendered <span class='ot'>...</span> so you can format ot in CustomCSS Details field
<FR>...<Fr> - words of Jesus in Red
<FU>...<Fu> - underlined words
<WGNumber>- Strong Greek tag where Number is the Strong's number
e.g. <WG5485>
<WHNumber>- Strong Hebrew tag
e.g. <WH2617>
<WTCode>- Morphological tag where Code is the morph code
e.g. <WTN-NSF>
Please check TR or Byzantine modules for examples.
<RF>...<Rf>- Translators' notes
e.g. <RF>This is a translators' note<Rf>
There could be an optional text for note link if you do not want the word note; e.g. <RF q=a>This is a translators' note with link a<Rf>
<RXRef>- Cross-reference
where Ref is the Bible reference in the format recognized by MySword like b.c.v (book, chapter, verse number) or b.c.v-tv (verse range, tv is to verse number)
e.g. <RX43.3.16> for John 3:16
<TS>...<Ts>- Title
e.g. <TS>Psalm of David<Ts>
<TSNumber> - TS1, TS2, etc are all just considered ordinary titles and not currently distinguished by MySword
<PF#>- first line indent where # is the number from 0 to 7
PI# and PF# are both poetry formatting in case both are not used
e.g. <PI1><PF1>One tab indent
<PI#>- indent where # is the number from 0 to 7
e.g. <PI1><PF0>Hanging indent
<PI0><PF1>Normal paragraph indent (first line is tabbed)
<CI> - currently just uses a space separator

#16 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 11:29 AM

The tags possibly used are noted here along with their meaning. However I would use the VPL file in the BibleWorks version https://ebible.org/S...gwebpb_vpl.zip, because it is all ready to paste to T4 for a quick simple verse per line build. Hmm looks like versification is different with 'extra' verses at end of Romans 14... Although the other official built ones simply follow that versification.

the usfm file has Strong's number...interesting.

Tag info from MySword

https://www.mysword..../modules-format

Bible Tags
The tags are General Bible Format (GBF) tags patterned after The Word and slightly modified in some areas. Tags are enclosed between < and >. Generally, block tags (with begin and end) where the starting tag is all caps while the ending tag has lower case letters after the upper case first (e.g. <TS> for start and <Ts> for end). Here is the list:

<CM>- paragraph end marker
Do not use an HTML paragraph tag (<p>...</p>) as it is already automatically used by MySword for each verse in non-paragraph mode so the output will be very ugly.
<FI>...<Fi> - Italicized words (added words)
<FO>...<Fo>- OT quote
currently not formatted by MySword but is rendered <span class='ot'>...</span> so you can format ot in CustomCSS Details field
<FR>...<Fr> - words of Jesus in Red
<FU>...<Fu> - underlined words
<WGNumber>- Strong Greek tag where Number is the Strong's number
e.g. <WG5485>
<WHNumber>- Strong Hebrew tag
e.g. <WH2617>
<WTCode>- Morphological tag where Code is the morph code
e.g. <WTN-NSF>
Please check TR or Byzantine modules for examples.
<RF>...<Rf>- Translators' notes
e.g. <RF>This is a translators' note<Rf>
There could be an optional text for note link if you do not want the word note; e.g. <RF q=a>This is a translators' note with link a<Rf>
<RXRef>- Cross-reference
where Ref is the Bible reference in the format recognized by MySword like b.c.v (book, chapter, verse number) or b.c.v-tv (verse range, tv is to verse number)
e.g. <RX43.3.16> for John 3:16
<TS>...<Ts>- Title
e.g. <TS>Psalm of David<Ts>
<TSNumber> - TS1, TS2, etc are all just considered ordinary titles and not currently distinguished by MySword
<PF#>- first line indent where # is the number from 0 to 7
e.g. <PI1><PF1>One tab indent
<PI#>- indent where # is the number from 0 to 7
e.g. <PI1><PF0>Hanging indent
<PI0><PF1>Normal paragraph indent (first line is tabbed)
<CI> - currently just uses a space separator

I meant the correct html tags for e-Sword not MySword

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 11:57 AM

I think Katoog made a list in the forum.

#18 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 01:10 PM

I think Katoog made a list in the forum.

I will have to correct both bbli modules WEB and WEBBE so that they work correctly in e-Sword as the MySword html codes are obvisouly not compatible with e-Sword. 

I think that the MySword paragraph and indent codes can simply be removed.

My big question is how to properly format the inline pop-up notes in the modules, when the modules are used with MySword, the text is as shown in the attached thumbnail image :

When you click the green note indicator a pop up translators note opens so I am wondering is there an e-Sword equivelance to create a similar pop-up note?

Attached Files

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:28 PM

It appears that the SQlite database needs an additional table, which needs to be populated with the Book Chapter Verse that the note is in, plus the ID, like N1 N2 or R1 R2 if it is a cross-reference and the note/reference content in the Note column

CREATE TABLE Notes (Book INT, Chapter INT, Verse INT, ID TEXT, Note TEXT)

Tags in the module are as follows

Number Tag

3 <br/>
18753 <CI> Replace with space
7226 <CM> Replace with space

2289 <FR>.........<Fr> Replace with <red> and</red>

87 <PF0> Replace with space

8322 <PF1> Replace with space

10715 <PF2> Replace with space

87 <PI0> Replace with space

111 <PI1> Replace with space

18926 <PI3> Replace with space

1123 <RF>..........<Rf> Replace with <sup>N#</sup> With a corresponding ID in the Notes table. Data between the <RF>....<Rf> tags and the BCV data goes into the Notes table

Then there were the 424 cross-references <RX...........> to convert and put into the Note column. Some conversion needed there.

Then replace any multiple spaces in the main text with a single space.

Or just make a plain one from the BibleWorks xxxxxxxx_vpl.txt file from https://ebible.org/

#20 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 02:50 PM

It appears that the SQlite database needs an additional table, which needs to be populated with the Book Chapter Verse that the note is in, plus the ID, like N1 N2 or R1 R2 if it is a cross-reference and the note/reference content in the Note column

CREATE TABLE Notes (Book INT, Chapter INT, Verse INT, ID TEXT, Note TEXT)

Tags in the module are as follows

Number Tag

3 <br/>
18753 <CI> Replace with space
7226 <CM> Replace with space

2289 <FR>.........<Fr> Replace with <red> and</red>

87 <PF0> Replace with space

8322 <PF1> Replace with space

10715 <PF2> Replace with space

87 <PI0> Replace with space

111 <PI1> Replace with space

18926 <PI3> Replace with space

1123 <RF>..........<Rf> Replace with <sup>N#</sup> With a corresponding ID in the Notes table. Data between the <RF>....<Rf> tags and the BCV data goes into the Notes table

Then there were the 424 cross-references <RX...........> to convert and put into the Note column. Some conversion needed there.

Then replace any multiple spaces in the main text with a single space.

Or just make a plain one from the BibleWorks xxxxxxxx_vpl.txt file from https://ebible.org/

Maybe I am not being clear enough, the paragraph and indent marks can be removed for the most part. 

What I want to do with the inline notes is replace the MySword code with something like this:

<a href="The information that shows in a tooltip"><not>[n]</not></a> which will create a mouse over tooltip in html. 

This should work as it has been done with other e-Sword bbli modules and some bblx modules such as the AMP+ module for the Amplified bible 

I am on the right track here?

For the bblx versions of the modules the best solution will be to create a separate commentary file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users