Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Potential Module - Apophthegmata Patrum

No replies to this topic

#1 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 08:53 PM

Hello everybody. I was meandering the internet last night and came across the "Apophthegmata Patrum" or "the Sayings of the Desert Fathers." After a little research, I have come to find out that there is an estimated 2,500 or more sayings from different sources. While I have seen a book or two that offer some of them, I tried to find a more complete collection. This is when I stumbled across "Monastica" online. This is an open-access site hosted by Lund University where the process of the translation of these sayings are taking place. The material on the site has a Creative Commons BY-SA, this means it can be freely distributed. There is copyrighted material on the site, but those can only be accessed with a log-in key, and the texts included in the document I created are all non-log in, non-copyrighted texts. I created a document, which in its present form is unformatted, but the formatting is pretty decent already. I am in the middle of another project so wont get to this for sometime. But it includes about 3,000 pages of sayings. I have no idea to the nature of the sayings, or if they are repetitive; but it is highly unlikely people will spend the effort translating the same texts over and over. Below is a link to the DOCX. I have read quite a few of the sayings, and some of them are really good. So, would just like to throw this out there for those who may be interested in creating a E-Sword module out of it. Again, these texts are not copyrighted according to the hosting site. The link to that document is:

https://drive.google...vmn?usp=sharing

I will not have time to create this module, but here is the text for someone who may like to see it in E-Sword as it is a unique resource that I do not think has yet to be covered. God Bless.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users