Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword X won't open on Monterey

3 replies to this topic

#1 jpreimer

jpreimer

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 05:50 AM

Hi,

I recently installed Mac OS Monterey on my MacBook Pro. When I installed E-sword it opened but all the panes are just blank. Nothing is showing up. I have deleted and re-installed the app but no change. 

I the Console I see this errors about E-sword:

Prompting policy for hardened runtime; service: kTCCServiceAppleEvents requires entitlement com.apple.security.automation.apple-events but it is missing for accessing={<TCCDProcess: identifier=net.e-sword.e-Sword-X, pid=898, auid=501, euid=501, binary_path=/Applications/e-Sword X.app/Contents/MacOS/e-Sword X>}, requesting={<TCCDProcess: identifier=com.apple.appleeventsd, pid=297, auid=55, euid=55, binary_path=/System/Library/CoreServices/appleeventsd>},

NSToolbarItem.minSize and NSToolbarItem.maxSize methods are deprecated. Usage may result in clipping of items. It is recommended to let the system measure the item automatically using constraints.

tcp_output [C1.1:3] flags=[R.] seq=1008966007, ack=3365572331, win=2048 state=CLOSED rcv_nxt=3365572331, snd_una=1008965975

Any ideas what the cause would be? Esword works great on my Mac mini with Monterey on it. 

Thank you for your help

John

Attached Files

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2022 - 09:25 AM

Please contact the developer of e-Sword X for the Mac, Rick Meyers. The email address is rick@e-sword.net Provide him with as much details as possible.

You can also browse up to the top of this forum page, and click on "Follow this topic" option, to see comments to your questions. We will appreciate you letting us know of developments, and how you and Apple and Rick Meyers were able to resolve your problem, in future. 

#3 jpreimer

jpreimer

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 10:17 AM

Ok. Thank you very much Olaf,

I will do that. 

Blessings and thank you very much for all your work. E-sword has been an HUGE tool in my preaching ministry. For me there is no Bible app like it. 

John

#4 Redeemed098

Redeemed098

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 08:05 AM

I'm probably late to the party but I'll leave this here anyway: Fix for Blank Window upon Launch of e-Sword on Monterey and Ventura - Even though everything is Blank, go to the Menu and select 'Settings'- Choose the 'Editor' tab and Make sure the box 'Align Editor Vertically' is Ticked - Note: The changes will take place next time you launch e-Sword - then quit e-sword from the icon in the Dock (NOT THE MENU BAR - For some reason you need to Force Quit from the Menu Bar). When you Open e-Sword the next time, everything should be working again. I had the same problem in Monterey and Ventura but eventually stumbled upon this fix myself. Once it's working as it should, you will be able to quit from the Menu as previous and not need to Force Quit. This worked for me at least - hopefully it will provide a fix for you also. It appears the main issue is with the Editor function. If you choose to use the Editor in 'Vertical' as opposed to Horizontal, e-Sword will no longer be blank but the 'Editor' function does not work at all. The last OS it worked properly in is 'Big Sur.' Perhaps the e-Sword X app needs to be recoded for 64 bit architecture, considering Apple has now dropped 32 bit. Just thinking out loud :-)   

Cheers, Bennett.

Edited by Redeemed098, 26 January 2023 - 10:04 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users