Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

font and split screen

7 replies to this topic

#1 Woody S

Woody S

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 02:47 PM

I have been using esword for at least 10 years.

I downloaded version 13.

Now no fonts in main bible section.

Editor has fonts.

Also no split screen anymore.

Fonts are in windows which esword draws from i believe, it will not for anything but editor.

Uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times.

I am unable to find previous versions which use to be listed if you wanted them.

I tried repair, also did not work.

The fonts are on the computer like always but esword will not use them under bible tab.

How do I get an older version from esword, not the places wanting to download esword and other stuff.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 11:32 PM

The font in the main bible section is the default font in options/Font Settings.

If you have still a system font

http://www.biblesupp...ce-not-working/

The split screen is right of the zoom icon and left of the "Previous Chapter" icon.

And I use e-Sword 13

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Woody S

Woody S

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 09:50 AM

have reset and reinstalled several times, all is there except fonts under bible, editor seems to be the default for fonts, font settings, options, editor is what is there, not bible, i have same fonts i always had in windows 10, no fonts are there if i open bible full screen or not

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:22 AM

A screen shot of what you are talking about would be helpful.

#5 Woody S

Woody S

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:55 AM

sorry, have the short keyboard, no print screen key, tried different ways, snip, does not work, site won't let it paste

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 March 2022 - 02:21 PM

sorry, have the short keyboard, no print screen key, tried different ways, snip, does not work, site won't let it paste

Recommend a couple of tools I use for screenshots:

1. IrfanView

2. FastStone Image Viewer.

I've used both of these programs for years, and quite like them. They're pretty good for what they have been designed to do, and so when it comes to screenshots what I can't get from one, I can get from the other, and etc.

Both of these programs are free, so there's no cash outlay for them.

As to the screen thingy. It's there:

e-Sword Bible Spit Screen

Attached File  e-s Bible Split Screen.jpg   147.24K   22 downloads

Trust you find this helpful.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 June 2023 - 07:48 AM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 June 2023 - 07:33 AM

The SPLIT SCREEN option is displayed in e-Sword User’s Guide (version 10.4 issued 2014), which is still applicable to e-Sword for the PC version 13, on page 68. You will discover that you have a copy of the file already, in the Resource Location folder where most of the e-Sword files have been stored. C:\Program files (x86)\e-Sword\e-sword_guide.pdf
This was provided by Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword for the PC together with your download of e-Sword from his website, https://www.e-sword.net
Open page 68 of the User’s Guide. To open that guide, run e-Sword, then tap the keyboard shortcut “F1”. If you use a laptop also hold down the “Fn” key while you tap the “F1” to access Function 1, because the number keys are also used for other uses by various laptop manufacturers. “F1” is often used by Microsoft programs to supply HELP.
Look in the Bible option, just below the section where you can see the available Bible Tabs. The SPLIT SCREEN icon is among the list of Bible icons, to the right of the ZOOM option.
The Split icon is on the Bible window toolbar. The Split feature lets you display two different passages of scripture independently of each other. The Bibles window splits in two sections, both showing a different passage. You can navigate to a different passage in the upper section of the screen, while the other section remains anchored to the bottom of the screen.
This is very useful when you want to display a passage in one half of the screen for reference while you study a different passage in the other half. An example is when the New Testament references the Old Testament. If you want to study the passages together you can use the Split Bible feature.
To split the Bibles window into two sections, click the Split icon . The currently active passage becomes "anchored" in the bottom pane of the view. In the top view, you may then navigate to any other place in the Bible, or select another Bible version, and the top pane will change accordingly. When finished, click the Split icon to a “raised” position to return the Bible view to a unified view.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 27 June 2023 - 07:53 AM.

#8 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 June 2023 - 07:42 AM

To see FONTS these are seen on e-Sword for the PC, version 13.0, using the tab "Options", then select "Font Settings". You will see a very helpful dialogue box which you can move around over the screen, with the Fonts. These will be able to display the fonts using Unicode for HTML programming. The version 13.0 will also be able to display older codes which had been coded into RTF codes; though those types of Bibles may have some problems if you try to view them in the Parallel, or Compare, options. You select the list of Bibles to be included, or excluded in the Compare option on Bible, Bible Compare Settings, then select from a handy list, and exclude problem Bibles that have old and faulty RTF coding.

I suggest that you look in the e-Sword Download option, and re-load the Bibles you previously used. Most of the Bibles have been re-created by Rick Meyers since 2016, with the release of e-Sword version 11.0, when HTML codes for the character fornts was implemented, replacing the previously used RTF (Rich Text Format) codes that were previously in use. 

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 28 June 2023 - 03:02 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users