Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Search by strong number, then see results in different Bible versions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danold

Danold

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:05 PM

How can I see different Bible versions in search results for Strongs numbers searches?  The versions that have the Strong's numbers are very distracting to read, but as soon as I change the version the search results go away.

An aside note:  This forum is very hard to get a handle on using.  I search for something and specifically limit to certain terms and in title, and the results are humungous and there is no correlation with what I searched for!  Very frustrating!

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:10 PM

If you use e-Sword Pc or Mac then click on Blble and "Extended search"

Then click  on the books icon and select Bibles with Strong's numbers and

"select of any of the words" and type:

H3925 G3129

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 gad4

gad4

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:53 PM

I'm not esword user and use mysword. Maybe there are similarities?

Unfortunately with advanced technology,there's a learning curve

In time you will gain skill at searching in forums for the word that will match most uniquely what your looking for. Unfortunately the less results that appear, the less likely the article you're looking for will show up. Often i have to open up dozens of articles before i discover what I'm looking for. After you search you can sort the results different ways with the top choices which hopefully will raise what you're looking for. If you have a specific item you're searching for I'll try to see if my results are better and share how i did it

If it's like mysword, you can only search for strong numbers in versions that include them
. Some will be more simple than others. Usually after i open a link i can open search again and the data is still there. But in time youll get used to ignoring the strongs numbers

Otherwise, you can search for the equivalent english word or search a concordance for the strongs number and notice how its translated and click on the verses to be visible in a split screen without numbers.

Keep learning and in time hopefully it will get easier.

Edited by gad4, 21 January 2022 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users