Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

NEWS e-Sword Bible Study For Android

58 replies to this topic

#31 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 March 2022 - 03:38 AM

Hello rcravy,
Please report this problem direct to the e-sword developer, rick@e-sword.net and provide him with full detals. Please provide him with the version of Chrome OS you are using, on which device, and model, the version of e-Sword you loaded, how exactly you transferred the file *.cmti file from biblesupport to the device running the specific version of Chrome OS you have installed on your device, and into which folder this was then loaded, and what exactly you do on the various devices.

Did you email the .cmti file to the Chrome OS laptop from one of the other devices?
Please include as many details as possible, clearly identifying each different device, and how they compare to be the same, or how they appear to be different.

Also go to the website www.e-sword.net and select LINKS and then specific version of e-Sword, then read the FAQ replies from the page you land on.

If the instruction provided by Rick Meyers is inadequate, please advise Rick Meyers of where you had a problem to understand. His instruction does not actually inform the user how to send the *.cmti module to your Android device.
His FAQ instructions for the e-Sword on the Android device, says:

STEP #4 — Transfer. The final step is to copy the new module(s) onto your Android device. Open e‑Sword , tap the menu button on the Bible view's top toolbar, then select the "Import" menu item. Browse to the directory where you copied the converted modules into and select them. The modules will be imported, but if there are any problems with a module it will be ignored.

This may be a problem which the manufacturer of your Chrome OS needs to address.
Could you contact them, as to where to save files, and how to get them to be integrated to the Chrome OS operating system?

Also provide detailed feedback to them, and request their assistance.
When I read the article on the Chrome Operating system in wikipedia,
https:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrome_OS"
LINK: https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Chrome_OS

the files may need to run from the cloud. Please explain to Rick Meyers exactly which version of operating system you are running on your Chrome laptop device, and which manufacturer made the hardware, and the software. According to the Wikipedia article, continuous updates are provided to your operating system.

Is your Chrome laptop running on a Google version of the LINUX operating system?

Were you able to run e-Sword on your device? Which version of e-Sword did you load?
Kindly report back when a solution has been discovered to resolve your problem.
Thank you for your question.

Your question was: I also cannot get the Android e-Sword which is installed on my Chrome OS laptops to IMPORT my .cmti files. They were downloaded from biblesupport.com into the Chrome downloads folder but highlighting them and clicking OPEN does nothing. The same procedure on my Android phone and tablet works perfectly.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 27 March 2022 - 04:37 AM.

#32 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 10:28 AM

I also cannot get the Android e-Sword which is installed on my Chrome OS laptops to IMPORT my .cmti files. They were downloaded from biblesupport.com into the Chrome downloads folder but highlighting them and clicking OPEN does nothing. The same procedure on my Android phone and tablet works perfectly.

Try putting the file in Google Drive location and Import from there.

#33 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:13 PM

Esword for android is awesome. Have been using Esword for a long time. I have it for all apple and mac and pc devices. The only reason I have an ipad is to use Esword bible program. It is by far the best one out there and resources are plentiful. Even the ones I have paid for were well worth it. Keep up the great work RICK :D  :D

At the moment e-Sword for Droid does not have an integrated note editors. So because without that function to be able to take or make notes on the Android version, and you use the editors on e-Sword HT, then you would be better off to just stick with the HT edition.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 March 2022 - 02:15 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#34 Schtevie

Schtevie

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 07:12 PM

Try putting the file in Google Drive location and Import from there.

Thanks for the idea, but I still cannot Import using this suggestion

#35 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 12:59 AM

Contact developer. If you get it working post the solution back here please

https://www.e-sword....oid/contact.htm

#36 rcravy

rcravy

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 08:29 PM

I appreciate all those trying to help with e-Sword for Android on ChromeOS devices. Does anyone actually have a Chromebook or other Chrome device and have IMPORT working? Like you, I know what "should" work, but so far no suggestions given actually work for IMPORT. This includes suggestions from the developer team (Rick, etc.).

I have e-Sword for Android IMPORTing on all my Android-native devices (phones, tablet) but not on either of my Chrome devices. I am an IT Support team member at a ministry training school so have to support some of our students who have Chromebooks.

Thanks in advance from any further suggestions, and especially from anyone using a Chromebook.

#37 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 April 2022 - 04:43 PM

I appreciate all those trying to help with e-Sword for Android on ChromeOS devices. Does anyone actually have a Chromebook or other Chrome device and have IMPORT working? Like you, I know what "should" work, but so far no suggestions given actually work for IMPORT. This includes suggestions from the developer team (Rick, etc.).

I have e-Sword for Android IMPORTing on all my Android-native devices (phones, tablet) but not on either of my Chrome devices. I am an IT Support team member at a ministry training school so have to support some of our students who have Chromebooks.

Thanks in advance from any further suggestions, and especially from anyone using a Chromebook.

The issue seems to be running the android app on an actual Android device vs a non Android device. 

I am running the e-Sword Android app via the Bluestacks emulator on Windows 10 and cannot import 3rd party files into the Android app either 

#38 Cipher2012

Cipher2012

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 12:48 PM

E-Sword on Android

I just became aware of e-Sword on Android today. I am primarily an Apple user with a Mac mini, MacBook Air, iPhone, and a couple of iPads. However, I do have a Google Pixelbook i5/128 which runs ChromeOS 102 and Android 11.

So I purchased e-Sword for Android and loaded it on my Pixelbook. It pretty much looks exactly like the iOS/iPadOS versions. I was able to register the NASB, NIV, and NKJV purchased bibles from my iOS version with the same reg info. I was also able to download the iOS version of Calvin’s commentary and install it as well.

Now here is the interesting part. On the IOS/MacOS versions you can use Air Drop to move your notes, comments, bookmarks,  highlights, and topics between devices. So I air dropped theses items from my iPad Air 4 to my Mac mini. This is because doing it this direction places these files in the downloads folder rather than directly installing them in e-Sword. Then I copied them on to a USB drive and attached it to the Pixelbook and was able to import the notes, highlights, and bookmarks into e-Sword for Android. The topic notes would not import. They will not import into an iPhone either so the Android version is more akin to the iPhone version than the iPad version in that respect.

All in all, I am quite pleased with the Android version. The only thing I wish is the universal syncing of some type was available. I primarily use Olivetree’s Bible software for this reason. It automatically syncs between my PC, Mac mini, iPhone, Pixelbook, and iPads.

#39 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 June 2022 - 06:28 PM

E-Sword on Android

I just became aware of e-Sword on Android today. I am primarily an Apple user with a Mac mini, MacBook Air, iPhone, and a couple of iPads. However, I do have a Google Pixelbook i5/128 which runs ChromeOS 102 and Android 11.

So I purchased e-Sword for Android and loaded it on my Pixelbook. It pretty much looks exactly like the iOS/iPadOS versions. I was able to register the NASB, NIV, and NKJV purchased bibles from my iOS version with the same reg info. I was also able to download the iOS version of Calvin’s commentary and install it as well.

Now here is the interesting part. On the IOS/MacOS versions you can use Air Drop to move your notes, comments, bookmarks,  highlights, and topics between devices. So I air dropped theses items from my iPad Air 4 to my Mac mini. This is because doing it this direction places these files in the downloads folder rather than directly installing them in e-Sword. Then I copied them on to a USB drive and attached it to the Pixelbook and was able to import the notes, highlights, and bookmarks into e-Sword for Android. The topic notes would not import. They will not import into an iPhone either so the Android version is more akin to the iPhone version than the iPad version in that respect.

All in all, I am quite pleased with the Android version. The only thing I wish is the universal syncing of some type was available. I primarily use Olivetree’s Bible software for this reason. It automatically syncs between my PC, Mac mini, iPhone, Pixelbook, and iPads.

e-Sword for iOS resources will work in the Android addition of e-Sword. All you need to do is have those files in your Droid file manager (of what ever its called), and then from there import then into e-Sword.

Edited by APsit190, 07 June 2022 - 06:29 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#40 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:12 PM

For step by step details of the method to import file modules with file name file type in the format Filename.xxxi (the last of the four characters in the module name, indicating the file type has the letter "i"), FOR ANDROID DEVICES, please refer to http:// www.biblesupport.com/topic/11746-e-sword-for-android-import-featurefunction/
LINK: http://www.biblesupp...eaturefunction/
Note: e-Sword for Android uses the same module file formats that are used on the Apple/Mac versions of e-Sword.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 09 June 2022 - 02:15 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users