Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

NEWS e-Sword Bible Study For Android

58 replies to this topic

#21 aletheia

aletheia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 11:33 AM

Problem in part was resolved. User was able to select modules with the x extension such as cmtx. Of course these don't work and the program just silently failed. I have e-mailed Rick with a suggestion to filter out files that don't work so that they cannot be selected by the importer.

Thank you Jon! Your chat helped me a lot!!! I was able to download cmti files from here and copied those files to my phone and I was able to import all those files! I am so happy for this!! Thanks again! Now my Android eSword is as good as PC version!

#22 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:07 PM

I bought it, but there is no way to add all of the many modules that I have been collecting over the years. If this doesn't change, it's basically limited, not to say useless to me.

I Just copied the Bibles and the TCR dictionary from my PC program files folder to a download folder on my Android phone that E-sword is installed on. I them hit import, "select all" then the highlighted "open" and nothing happened.

Restarted E-sword Android, nope nothing added.

I will await further updates which will probably make this feature usable.

I have been waiting for E-sword for Android for awhile, as my phone is always with me,

Now that this is available and will be getting more updates, I will invest in a bigger phone lol  and probably an Android tablet!

(by the way before you can copy files from the pc to the android, you must have "developer options" activated, this is done by finding the build number on your Android phone and tapping on that number 7 times. on my phone it is "about phone"/software information/build number.)

#23 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:13 PM

Try copying them to your Android Documents folder. Also make sure they are the type that will work with e-Sword for Android, and that is the extension ends in "i", such as xxxx.bbli

#24 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:21 PM

Try copying them to your Android Documents folder. Also make sure they are the type that will work with e-Sword for Android, and that is the extension ends in "i", such as xxxx.bbli

Hey Jon,

So, does e-Sword for Droid share the same resource extension with e-Sword for iOS, Mate? Just got to be sure on that one.

X (formerly Twitter)

#25 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 05:22 PM

Hey Jon,

So, does e-Sword for Droid share the same resource extension with e-Sword for iOS, Mate? Just got to be sure on that one.

Yes the same extension.

#26 rictrician

rictrician

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMountain View Arkansas (USA)

Posted 01 March 2022 - 09:06 PM

Esword for android is awesome. Have been using Esword for a long time. I have it for all apple and mac and pc devices. The only reason I have an ipad is to use Esword bible program. It is by far the best one out there and resources are plentiful. Even the ones I have paid for were well worth it. Keep up the great work RICK :D  :D

Dead in Christ ricky j younger

#27 dswartze

dswartze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:58 AM

Now, if we can only get the holy grail … notes syncing between ALL e-Sword apps (Windows, iOS, Android, …). Even if that means having notes/resource files having to be hosted in Google Drive, OneDrive, and/or Dropbox.

#28 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:24 AM

Suggestions need to go direct to developer. To suggest program improvements here is just speaking into the air.

https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

#29 Schtevie

Schtevie

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 03:33 PM

Is anyone able to get the import functionality to work successfully on Chrome OS?  I can import successfully on my android phone, but Chrome OS is not successful

#30 rcravy

rcravy

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 08:19 PM

I also cannot get the Android e-Sword which is installed on my Chrome OS laptops to IMPORT my .cmti files. They were downloaded from biblesupport.com into the Chrome downloads folder but highlighting them and clicking OPEN does nothing. The same procedure on my Android phone and tablet works perfectly.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users