Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

NEWS e-Sword Bible Study For Android

58 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:57 PM

I just got an e-mail from Rick Meyers to say that version 2 of e-Sword for Android is available from the PlayStore. 

Now it allows the installation of third-party modules from this site.

Either I'm blind as a bat, or just can't see the forest for the trees, but for the like of me, Jon, I can't find that option. That said, I did see an "Import" menu item but that just isn't the option part. So, I'm somewhat stuffed on that one.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 February 2022 - 08:57 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 aletheia

aletheia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 12:09 AM

The version 2 is still buggy:

1. I cannot "Import" my 3rd party modules. Once I select a module, it does not do anything.

2. Highlight option is there, but it doesn't work.

3. Bible Bookmarks function doesn't work. It only shows the option to delete and no add feature.

But it is encouraging that it is being worked on. Hopefully, there is another update to smooth these things out.

#13 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2022 - 02:36 AM

Are there any things that the Windows version can do that the Android can't or won't be able to do? (Bugs that are a work in progress excluded)

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 03:24 AM

WHAT’S NEW in version 2
* New double-tap gesture on Bible verse's reference link will display a popup menu with the following new features:

• Bookmark — instantly bookmark verse.
• Copy — copy 1 or more verses in a variety of formats.
• Highlight — highlight 1 or more verses in a variety of colors.
• Tag — tag verse with 1 or more categories.

* New Import feature for adding third-party and user-made e-Sword modules!

All features are working for me.

One that was a slight problem was Import which I could not get to work with files that were in my OneDrive. So I copied them to my documents folder and imported from there.

I think that it could be improved with some user-feedback, such as a popup stating the modules that have been installed successfully.

If you have any issues it would be best course of action to report them to Rick Meyers at his e-mail address shown in PlayStore

support@e-sword.net

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 05:45 AM

Either I'm blind as a bat, or just can't see the forest for the trees, but for the like of me, Jon, I can't find that option. That said, I did see an "Import" menu item but that just isn't the option part. So, I'm somewhat stuffed on that one.

Blessings,

Rick's e-mail simply said this on the Import part

Jon,

E-Sword 2.0 is now available on the Play Store!  It has the Import feature for installing the Bible Support HTML modules.

So it is not a direct linking to BibleSupport.com modules unfortunately.

#16 aletheia

aletheia

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:55 AM

All features are working for me.

One that was a slight problem was Import which I could not get to work with files that were in my OneDrive. So I copied them to my documents folder and imported from there.

I think that it could be improved with some user-feedback, such as a popup stating the modules that have been installed successfully.

Hi JPG!

Thanks for your input. I also have eSword modules in my OneDrive, under the folder, "eSword." And I could not import the modules from there. Rick responded me by saying, "copy the files onto the phone, then import them."

So I copied the files onto Drive (Google) and then downloaded them to the phone. And even then I was not able to import the modules.

When you said, "My Document" folder do you mean within OneDrive? My OneDrive has "Documents" folder, I believe "My Document" is a name for older Windows I believe. I am using Windows 11.

If you are able, perhaps you can help me and others on how to import these modules step by step. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:04 AM

Hi JPG!

Thanks for your input. I also have eSword modules in my OneDrive, under the folder, "eSword." And I could not import the modules from there. Rick responded me by saying, "copy the files onto the phone, then import them."

So I copied the files onto Drive (Google) and then downloaded them to the phone. And even then I was not able to import the modules.

When you said, "My Document" folder do you mean within OneDrive? My OneDrive has "Documents" folder, I believe "My Document" is a name for older Windows I believe. I am using Windows 11.

If you are able, perhaps you can help me and others on how to import these modules step by step. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

I meant the folder called "Documents" that is part of the Android Operating System. (Sorry for the confusion).

If you still have any trouble, contact Rick Meyers again, as this is really his responsibility. The people on this forum are not the developers of the software. 

#18 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:22 AM

The version 2 is still buggy:

1. I cannot "Import" my 3rd party modules. Once I select a module, it does not do anything.

2. Highlight option is there, but it doesn't work.

3. Bible Bookmarks function doesn't work. It only shows the option to delete and no add feature.

But it is encouraging that it is being worked on. Hopefully, there is another update to smooth these things out.

Problem in part was resolved. User was able to select modules with the x extension such as cmtx. Of course these don't work and the program just silently failed. I have e-mailed Rick with a suggestion to filter out files that don't work so that they cannot be selected by the importer.

#19 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:39 AM

I haven't purchased this yet, but it's common for apps to want resources to be on the device itself, or storage such the SD card. I'd suggest putting your esword modules on your SD card as the sheer quantity of them will quite quickly consume internal storage space.

Also, if the app allows you to choose a default location to import the modules to, I'd suggest setting that before doing any imports.

Hmm... I might as well go for it and buy it. I could always get a refund if the GUI isn't helpful (MySword!) or if the app isn't playing nicely.

#20 BigPaw

BigPaw

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2022 - 11:17 AM

Okay, at the moment it doesn't allow you to choose the module storage location, which is concerning.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users