Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Adding links to verses

10 replies to this topic

#1 faithfulservant

faithfulservant

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:45 AM

Hi e-sword Fam!

When copying verses directly from the Bible section the hyperlink that makes the verse pop up when you hover over the address is not there. If I copy a verse address from the cross reference section and change the address it will go to the new address typed.

My question is if it is possible to add this format to a copied address so that when I hover it shows the verse or when I click it, it will bring up the verse?

Thank you

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 January 2022 - 11:30 AM

Hi e-sword Fam!

When copying verses directly from the Bible section the hyperlink that makes the verse pop up when you hover over the address is not there. If I copy a verse address from the cross reference section and change the address it will go to the new address typed.

My question is if it is possible to add this format to a copied address so that when I hover it shows the verse or when I click it, it will bring up the verse?

Thank you

If you found this helpful to you, pop over to my channel, click on the Thumbs Up icon and leave  a like. Also subscribe to the channel and then hit the Notification bell.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:36 PM

Select the reference you want formatted to a popup and then press Ctrl+J

#4 faithfulservant

faithfulservant

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:47 AM

You're awesome! Thanks so much, this was extremely helpful. 

Edited by faithfulservant, 18 January 2022 - 06:50 AM.

#5 faithfulservant

faithfulservant

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:58 AM

This is what I was referring to when I said cross reference

Attached Files

Edited by faithfulservant, 18 January 2022 - 06:59 AM.

#6 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:46 AM

Ok, click to Options /Scripture Tooltip.

And select the Bibles for the Old AND New Testament.

If you use "active translation" for both as I do then be sure that the select Bible supports both Testaments.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 January 2022 - 02:24 PM

I said the same thing quite a few time in the video:

"Press Control J." meaning press Ctrl+J.

Perhaps what I should have said, "Press the 'Ctrl' and the 'J' keys" and etc., in the video.

Never mind... we all live and learn. And one thing I've definitely learned is that is just how one expresses (says/speaks) things in one country, is totally differently expressed (said/spoken) in another country. E.g., Over here "Footpath." Over the the U.S., Pavement. Over here, when referring to the back end thingy of a car, we call it "the boot," and over your end of the world you blokes call it "the trunk." So how we speak over here is very different from the way you guys speak over at your end of the world.

Expressions are also radically different as chalk is from cheese over here in comparison to over there, that Americans find it really difficult to understand what us Kiwis are saying. And what makes it worse for you blokes over here is when you hear Maori words intermingled with English, i.e., Kapai (meaning "good"), or Puku (means stomach), and Kai (means food).

So, (with tongue in cheek) when I said "press Control J," in the video, my guess is you would have been literally looking for that particular key on the keyboard. :lol: Nah, I don't believe that. Neither do I think that anyone is that porangi anywhere in the world.

O yeah, just in case you don't know what a bloke is. That's a male person. I think you call them "guys" at your end of the world.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 January 2022 - 02:26 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:44 PM

Or there is the "Format Scripture Tooltip" icon that does the same action.

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:44 AM

Hi Stephen, I was just giving a direct answer that ones could see without spending 10 mins viewing a video.

I am UK resident. So to me a trunk is what an elephant has at the front end. 

#10 glory777

glory777

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 01:22 AM

Or there is the "Format Scripture Tooltip" icon that does the same action.

So, after 15+ years of E-sword, someone told me that(and ive now used it) that a document copied and pasted into the "notes" section, that happens to have numerous scriptural references, automatically hyperlinks them in Logos (within the program to the desired scripture) - without haveing to individually go through a multitude of references and click the "Format Scripture Tooltip", or press Ctrl+J (which is so tedious and time consuming as you can only do one at a time.
Logos is good but outrageously priced, and Im just set on E-sword after all these years.  Is there a way for any of the editors (journal,notes, study) to paste any such document into them and somehow have the scripture references hyperlinked automatically or easily instead of highlighting every single one and pressing CTRL+J????

i have looked everywhere for an answer, I am not just posting here immediately.

Thank you in advance for your reply. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users