Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Upload help re some fields

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 07:58 AM

I've been slowly editing French Martin Bible using KJB as guide. I was thinking of uploading it next year 2022; not too sure when that will be. I checked the upload fields and two of them puzzle me a little:

Author: would that be my login name, or my real name, or name of original author as in David Martin?

File Version: would that be the version listed in the e-Sword module details table, or the version of my work that I plan on uploading? If my work, would I need to change version number every time I uploaded subsequent changes?

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:31 AM

In the author field you put the name of the original author as in David Martin.

In the file version field you put the version of your work that you plan on uploading. Mind you, you don't have to put a version number if you don't want to bother—a lot of people don't bother and it's not required. It can be helpful if there will be many updates to this module in the future. And yes, you should change the number each time you upload subsequent changes.

Hope this was helpful.

#3 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 02:15 PM

In the author field you put the name of the original author as in David Martin.

In the file version field you put the version of your work that you plan on uploading. Mind you, you don't have to put a version number if you don't want to bother—a lot of people don't bother and it's not required. It can be helpful if there will be many updates to this module in the future. And yes, you should change the number each time you upload subsequent changes.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks! I'll use David Martin, even though I make significant changes to be more inline with KJB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users