Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to upload to Apple devices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 December 2021 - 04:18 AM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that information, and I'm certain that will help Apple Users.

That said, Microsoft has put out an app called "Your Phone" which gives the user the ability to make calls from one's phone from his/her PC. But it is only limited to Samsung Galaxy phones and Apple iPhones, and as such one is able to drag 'n drop files from one device to another without any problems. But the only problem with it, its extremely limited to just one's own phone to one's own PC, and that PC has to be a Windows one.

I did a video about it, and I think I may have posted it on here a few months ago. In the event it can't be found or I didn't post it on here, here is a video demonstrating the App.

With that shared, apparently Dell has put out a similar app (just can't think of the name of it) which works similarly to MS Your Phone app, but is not restricted to Just iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones, but works across the board with quite a few other Android Phones, and iPhones. More over, this app (going from the video about it) one can share with multiple devices. See video below:

Fact is, I'm thinking very seriously about giving this app a try.

So with that, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and all that goes with it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:27 AM

I had used "Your Phone", in the past, but since WhatsApp made a desktop version of WhatsApp I use it on the PC. However it is a useful app for on a PC, once you get all the settings for file sharing turned on.

Mainly I use OneDrive on my Android devices and PC to share file between devices and share with other people. I don't have any Apple devices, but from what I have read it seems that the file system has been opened up a bit more on iPad. Previously it seem like it was a paint by numbers device, because ones don't have a grasp of how to manage files on their own. I can understand Apple wanting to make things easy to use, but really it does not help ones in the long run... then for some reason they come to Biblesupport.com for answers that are in the underused FAQ on e-Sword.net..... blah blah

#13 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:39 AM

I agree with what JPG says. The FAQ on e-Sword.net should be the first stop for people having problems with e-Sword, no matter what OS they're using.

On this subject of transferring files between Apple devices, I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again, Airdrop is the best method for sending files between any Apple device (Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch). However, the downside is that this only works between Apple devices, i.e. you can't use it with Windows or Linux (unfortunately). In that case, the method with iTunes that JPG has given all the details on in this post is definitely the best method—it's what I used in the past when I used a Windows PC.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:09 PM

Mainly I use OneDrive on my Android devices and PC to share file between devices and share with other people.

Hi Jon,

Likewise on that. This I find as the best method out. Extremely simple really requiring no setting up.

I don't have any Apple devices

Neither do I. And moreover, don't want to use them. Also I have an aversion toward them.

My actual choice of brand of mobile devices are Samsung's Galaxy phones and tablets for the simple reason is that Samsung stands by their products, as where Apple doesn't. Not only that, from a technological perspective, Samsung mobile phones are far more advanced than Apple iPhones. Best examples are the Galaxy Z series, the Galaxy Z Flip and the Galaxy Z Fold phones. Only thing I don't like about them is the price.

Anyway, mate, the one thing in all of this is that I have learnt new stuff regarding Apple devices, which I sure will come in handy. So, thanks for your replies Bro.

Blessings,

Stephen (Php i:21)

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users