Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Modules in Collections Feedback

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

When we have modules in Collections, should we also have the individual files available for download? Or should we consider the individual files a duplicate and delete them? I think there's some value in having the individual files in case someone wants just one file, but it does clutter up keyword searches. What you folks think?

Josh

#2 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

I see arguments both ways. I hope we do not have every Spurgeon or Pink file listed on the sight individually? Some who have download limitations might want the files listed separately.

Personally I would rather have less files to look through and if I download a collection I could then delete the files I don't want.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

David (dsaw) had an idea. We could take all the files by different authors, and put them on a single file listing. Then when you click the green download button, they see a listing of each individual file. But when you searched, rather than seeing 200 Pink files, you would see one file listing.

#4 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

I like that idea... Should also have a download all zipped file as an option.

There are also some authors where individual sermons have been made into topic files. If these still exist they should be combined into sermon collections. This takes work.

#5 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

I believe that all files included in "collections" should not be included as "topic" files. Only new additions by that author should be available under "topics". If we are going to include these individual files, then all of the files in "collections" should be available as in individual downloadable file and I think that would just clutter up the "topic" section.

My opinion only.

#6 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Personally, I like dsaw's idea. Gather all of Pinks file's together, but post them under a collection category individually. Anyone looking for books or articles by Pink would know right where to go.

There would only be one listing for the author so the possibility of duplicates would also be minimal.

This would also make it easy to correct the modules names to bring about uniformity where the files name have been truncated.

Also, I think this would work well with the concept of tagging that this message board is going to implement. We could then see what each author focused on.

For the person who would want all of the files collected into one zip or executable container, this would be possible - but it would take a lot of diligence and consistency as modules are added, and would the man-hours be available for that attribute?. If files are posted individually, over time this idea of a single file download for each separate author may become unwieldy.

Edited by LarryG, 01 November 2011 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users