Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Spell Check

5 replies to this topic

#1 Brajorkae

Brajorkae

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:25 AM

I cannot get my spell check to work properly. It used to but now when I try and spell check my report it freezes and I have to exit out. When I exit out then the spell check box appears. How do I correct this?

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:34 AM

I am using Windows 10 and e-Sword 13.0.0 and activation of the spell check just crashes the program....

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

I am using Windows 10 and e-Sword 13.0.0 and activation of the spell check just crashes the program....

Hmmm, that is interesting. It seriously is. Errr. I wonder what the issue is for that to happen, because I just had a go with the Spell Check thingy on my PC and it just worked fine. No crashes or anything crazy. Sooo (that's a long "So") I'm just curious if this is happening with other apps like MS Word or WordPerfect or any other word processing app that you may be using.

See, with your machine crashing like that just over spell checking, right, appears to me like your RAM (that is not a male sheep. Its your Random Access Memory) is getting bogged down, as in running out of memory, or that your CPU cache isn't clearing fast enough. And if not any of those, then it might be there's just too much happening under the hood, as in too many processors running at once causing your machine to crash.

Anyway, mate, in the end, you just might have to buy yourself a new machine, and toss your current one out or just put a sledge hammer through it.LOL.gif (That's not very helpful, hey mate).

Blessings,

Stephen (Php 1:21).

Edited by APsit190, 25 November 2021 - 02:40 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 05:45 PM

I reported it to Rick Meyers, along with some error data from the Event viewer. 

It isn't a biig deal I know how to spall without a chicker

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:25 AM

I have found the solution to my problem. Spell check works ok when I add e-Sword the DEP exclusion.

Attached File  DEP.jpg   40.36K   24 downloads

#6 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 April 2022 - 12:40 AM

A very useful spell program which keeps in the background, and suggests options, is tinySpell, from https://tinyspell.com/. This will help when you write notes in English on Bible Support pages.

Checking your spelling is simple:

Option 1:
While you are typing, tinySpell watches the text you enter and whenever it detects a misspelled word it beeps and shows a spelling tip, and the tinySpell taskbar icon turns from white tspellw.gif to yellow tspelly.gif.
Option 2:
When you copy text to the clipboard tinySpell checks its spelling immediately. If it finds at least one misspelled word in the text it beeps and turns its icon to yellow.

Correcting a misspelled word is also simple: When a misspelled word is detected, click the tinySpell taskbar icon or press the hot-key to pop up a list of suggested replacement words. If the misspelled word is detected during on-the-fly checking or after a word is copied to the clipboard you can select a correction from the list. The selected word is inserted into your document, or is copied to the clipboard (so you can paste it in your document), or both (depending on your settings).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users