Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Just tried to donate to support the cause BUT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#11 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:04 PM

Attention Bug Hunter.

Please note and take this seriously.  I just tried to donate again.  I CLICKED ON THE DONATE WITH CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD BUTTON.

After I fill out all the info boxes, it will not allow me to donate without logging in.  A pop up appears asking me to log in.

I urge you to attempt it yourself to see the problem.  

If you do not take this input seriously enough to investigate it yourself, I am not going to attempt it again until you or some of the team does and fixes it.

I know you may be sitting back thinking that i am simply clicking on the wrong button, but until you check it out personally, you will not be aware of the problem.

I have clicked on the correct button several times and I am not allowed to donate without logging.
There is a possibility that it means logging into BIBLESUPPORT.  However, if that is the request, we still have a problem because I am already logged in even as I am right now.

Good luck.  I will check back at this forum in a couple of days to read any update. 
Keep in mind that APsit190 said in a previous post above that he tired and it did ask him to log in.

And, i ask some others to go ahead and click the donate via credit card button even to just give 5 or ten bucks.  My guess is that the form will request that you log in and will not allow you to donate (without logging in).  Be sure to delete all you info after that.  I have done that several times.

This could be seriously effecting some people in their efforts to donate.

#12 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:18 AM

OK Bug, let's try this again.  Your repetition is cute, but not helpful.

Here is your quote including the misspelling of forum.     

After clicking on Donate, in the fourm here, click "Donate with a Card" in the new window. Then you just fill in your card details....

Does this mean that there is a clickable "here" in this discussion forum?   I have been using the donate button that appears on the page after i do a download.  Each time, a new window opens as you said.  I fill in all the blanks with my credit card, personal info, telephone number and email (which should not be necessary) and THEN A POP UP LINE APPEARS SAYING THAT I MUST LOG IN .

So, in this post  did you intend for your "here" to be a clickable link which it is not.  Or are you referring to a donate button on this page of the discussion forum?

I am sure we will eventually resolve this even though you are still dealing with this with as little interest as possible in the actual occurrence i am describing.  Your assumption appears to be that i have not clicking on the credit card/debit card button and I would assume you see no need to investigate as I suggested by actually trying to use the credit card/debit card donate button that appears on the download page.  I believe if you attempt to make a donation by filling in the info using the credit card button, you would then see the log in request that appears.  Then you could respond to my inquiry.

It appears to me that the credit card/debit card button that appears on the download page after a download is broken.
If there is another donate button within the forum or within the website that I can use, I will be happy to try it.

Let's get this resolved.
Thanks

#13 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 November 2021 - 09:09 AM

Hello everyone, thank you for your willingness to donate money to help with the expenses of running the website. I've been busy with a couple of job interviews in Florida recently, as we are wanting to relocate there.

Anyway, I simply do not see the restriction that's been reported here. Let me show you what I see (without being logged into PayPal):

I click a donate link on BibleSupport:

Attached File  Capture3.PNG   137.25K   7 downloads

I click the link on BibleSupport, leading to Paypal:

Attached File  capture1.png   34.44K   6 downloads

After clicking the circled button, I see this screen:

Attached File  capture2.png   29.64K   6 downloads

I then completed the form, clicked submit and donated $5.55. The donation came through without me logging into Paypal. It could be a country specific issue? I have a US-based IP address. Maybe for certain countries, Paypal requires a login? I'm not sure...

Josh

#14 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:44 AM

Hello everyone, thank you for your willingness to donate money to help with the expenses of running the website. ...

Could I just mail Canadian cash in an envelope to:

e-Sword
P.O. Box 1626
Franklin, TN 37065

Payable to: ____________?

I do not do any transactions on the internet.

#15 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:49 AM

Could I just mail Canadian cash in an envelope to:

e-Sword
P.O. Box 1626
Franklin, TN 37065

Payable to: ____________?

I do not do any transactions on the internet.

That address is not for support of this site. That is to do with www.e-sword.net and Rick Meyers, so you should contact him via the FAQ or his site

#16 PeanutGallery

PeanutGallery

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 05:21 PM

That address is not for support of this site. That is to do with www.e-sword.net and Rick Meyers, so you should contact him via the FAQ or his site

Thanks

#17 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:18 PM

Hey Josh.  thanks
I , too, have completed the same forms, but I get a popup that asks me to sign in.

I, too, have taken screen shots of the page, but did not see how to attach them to this post.

Someone please show me/tell me how to attach my screen shots as Josh did above.  

It is obviously either a local/regional problem or what, but certainly it should be of concern to you guys.

Remember, I need to know how to attach my screen shots so you can see what happens after I fill out that last credit card screen.

Thanks again.  We are making progress.  And, I appreciate it.

I do have an old PayPal account which i have never used, maybe once years ago.  They even still send me updates on related stuff.  So, somehow they recognize I have an account and ask me to login.   I have paid and given at other sites that use PayPal as a transfer agent, but when using my credit card, I did not have to log in.

Edited by rebornID, 15 November 2021 - 06:25 PM.

#18 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:15 AM

When making your reply select the "More Reply Options", and it will reveal "Attach Files" area. 

Then, Choose file

Attach This File

Add to post

Attached File  More Reply Options.jpg   80.44K   5 downloads

Attached File  More Reply Options 2.jpg   93.21K   6 downloads

Attached File  Add to Post.jpg   98.66K   4 downloads

#19 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 04:41 PM

Attached File  Donate.JPG   42.66K   4 downloadsThanks for pointing out the "more options".  I did check every other button and failed to investigate more.
options.

The message I get each time is attached.  Don't know if it will appear in the body.
Now, if i had only attempted to donate once there would be high liklihood that I simply did not click the "credit card/debit card" button.
If had only tried it twice or three times or four.  It would still be a possibility though the odds would be getting lower.

However after reading these posts
                       and because I for years always everywhere look for the credit card only and avoid PayPal
                               and because I tried it already probably 5 or 6 times,

I believe that i am getting this message when I take the credit card button route.  Which could have to indicate some software glitch which was making the credit card button operated like the PayPal button.  However, since I never did try the PayPal button even once to my recollection, I do not know if this is the same message that someone gets when trying to use PayPal.

However, I am going to try again immediately after posting this message.   Perhaps, it has fixed itself.  Perhaps it has been brought to someone's attention who repaired it.  Perhaps I hit the PayPal button 6x in a row when trying  to use the "credit card" button.   We may never know.   The only thing that i am not certain of is how many times I tried.  It may have been 4, 5 or 6.  I was not counting.

Thanks Bug H for showing me where the attach file commands are.

#20 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 05:00 PM

Attached File  donate5.JPG   29.4K   1 downloadsOK.  Just tried again..  Here are the screen shots.

This shot shows the highlighted "credit card" button that i have chosen each time.

Attached File  donate2.JPG   28.38K   2 downloads

This is the top of the information page.  The amount I was trying to give.  And it clearly says this is for credit card payments. Perhaps, it says the same thing when yoju choose the PayPal route.  I do not know.  I do not use PayPal.

Attached File  donate3.JPG   20.51K   7 downloads

Now, this is the bottom of the same page after I have filled in all the credit card info.   You will see the tiny message that pops up saying I must log in. This message appears soon as I complete filling in the info.  And, the "donate now" button does not work.

As a precaution, I will check my account to see if 4 or 5,6 donations have been made.  I have not done that since the process ends at this point with no indication that any exchange has taken place.

I will no longer pursue this until someone tells me what i have been doing wrong or gets it fixed and let's me know.  YOu should have my email address.

Thank you so much.  Sorry to have spent so much time on this, but i simply wanted to see a constructive resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users