Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there an available LXX module in English with Strong's Numbers OR

Old Testament

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 rebornID

rebornID

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:59 PM

Hello katoog,

Thanks for the explanation.  

Yes, I am pretty well familiar with the differences between lower and higher criticism.    Thanks for asking. 

I am personally a pretty strict literal historical grammatical student of the scriptures, but i do like to stay familiar with the thinking 
and the processes employed by the liberal thinkers.  NOt because I find it seductive or attractive.  Most of it is dangerous to the
spiritual life of the godly person.   but because their thinking influences so much
of our public discussion of the scriptures, I like to stay familiar with their reasoning so I can better address it with scripture and reason
when I am talking to someone who is coming from that influence. 

God bless you my friend.

#12 druemac

druemac

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:35 AM

Yes there is a version called the apostolic bible polygot  ABP+ which has the majority text NT and the Septuagint OT as an english with greek    AndG2532 you,G1473 O sonG5207 of man,G444 takeG2983 to yourselfG4572 [2broadswordG4501 1a sharp]G3691 forG5228 a razorG3587.2 of a barber!G2891.2 You shall acquireG2932 itG1473 to yourself,G4572 andG2532 you shall bring itG1863 G1473 uponG1909 G3588 your head,G2776 G1473 andG2532 uponG1909 G3588 your beard.G4452.1 G1473 AndG2532 you shall takeG2983 a yoke balance scale G2218 of weights,G4712.3 andG2532 you shall part them.G1339 G1473 

(Eze 5:1 ABP+)

not sure if it was found here  I think it is...great for searching greek NT words across the OT NT

#13 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 July 2022 - 02:22 AM

ABP+ The Apostolic Bible Polyglot is a Greek-English Interlinear of the Greek Septuagint and New Testament coded to Strong's numbers.

This is not provided from biblesupport.com However, when you look in the e-Sword for Windows, option Download > Bibles > English > Free > ABP+ then you will notice that Rick Meyers provides free download access for Apostolic Bible Polyglot w/ Strong's Numbers, Copyright © 1996 by Charles Van der Pool. All rights reserved. Used with permission. The last download was updated on 2019-07-06. abp+.bblx

Free printable PDFs of the Apostolic Bible Polyglot may be downloaded and printed editions may be purchased at www.apostolicbible.com.
Greek words which appear in the Septuagint but not in the New Testament are inserted with decimal points, such as G303.1. Proper names are numbered with an asterisk, such as G*.
Copyright © 1996 by Charles Van der Pool. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Watch video talks by Charles Van der Pool from links on his website, https://www.apostolicbible.com/

Free Download of The Apostolic Bible Polyglot - With tens of thousands of free downloads over fifteen years The Apostolic Bible is being enjoyed by people in over 141 countries. You too may download The Apostolic Bible free or donate to support the project. This video details the steps in downloading the free files in PDF format. Additional works like the English-Greek Index, the Lexical Concordance, and the Analytical Lexicon of The Apostolic Bible may be acquired as a download, in print, or on a CD-ROM. To download in PDF format, go to https://apostolicbible.com/text.htm

#14 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:13 PM

The Apostolic Bible Polyglot ... regarding our comments. I made a query about the possibility of an update of the entry in e-Sword. The following was received from Charles Vanderpool <charles@apostolicbible.com> Friday 2022-07-01

Olaf
Thank you for your interest in The Apostolic Bible Polyglot. It was many years ago when we were added to e-Sword, but since then we have developed our own app ... apostolicbibleapp.com. There are so many all inclusive Bible apps, but we wanted one to zero in on the Apostolic Bible Polyglot. I hope you enjoy it. God bless.

Charles Van der Pool
Translator/publisher

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 01 July 2022 - 12:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users