Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Lexicon Window on e-Sword X 8.0.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:29 PM

This is odd and probably a setting I just cannot locate. After using e-Sword for many years on Windows, converted to a Mac Book. Despite my absolutely liking the Windows visual better, am trying to get as familiar with the e-Sword X. I just noticed that the Lexicon window is "grayed out," so I cannot pull up a Strong's number without clicking on one in the Bible view. In the Bible view, I click on a Strong's number and the various lexicons pop up with their definition. I like that; but also would like to be able to type in a Strong's # and get the definition WITHOUT a specific verse selected. Any ideas? I also notice the dropdown menu items under "format" are also all grayed out. Thanks for any help, DJ

Edited by Oneman, 22 October 2021 - 08:32 PM.

#2 modulist

modulist

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:07 AM

Hi DJ,

As long as you have the Lexicon view visible, you can easily look up a specific Strong's number. In the Lexicon pane, you can first choose whichever lexicon you want to look in, and then you type your Strong's number in the box which I have circled in the screenshot below. Press "return" and it will look up that number—as long as your chosen lexicon has that entry. If not, then you can choose another lexicon from the pop-up menu to the right. Any lexicon that is not greyed-out has an entry for that Strong's number.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 12.05.08 PM.png   235.5K   5 downloads

By "Format" I assume you mean the Format menu at the top of the screen. The items in that menu are all greyed out when the Editor view is not visible. You can choose what all views you want visible from the pop-up menu near the top middle of the e-Sword X window. Note that "Dictionary" in the options available in that menu means both the Dictionary and the Lexicon views. They are always shown together.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users